Who is Andrea:
Andrea was born at a very young age. She grew up surrounded by rocks, trees and water; she loved exploring her surroundings and learning about the White-throated Sparrow and the bumble bee.
After she left the nest, she spent two years as a fledgling before taking flight for a six-month adventure in New Zealand. It was here that she feels that she gained her wings. She learned more about herself than she ever thought she would. This adventure opened her eyes to the world of travel. After returning home, she decided to go to Red River College for Tourism Management and inspired to be a travel writer.
After her second year, Manitoba Parks stole her heart and she fell in love with teaching people about the natural and cultural history of Manitoba.
Twelve years and two chicks of her own later, Andrea decided to start a new adventure and joined The Great Canadian Travel Group in March 2017. For the first two years (almost), she was the first one you’d see when you walked into the office. Now, she’s spreading her creativity to the marketing side of things.
What are Andrea’s TOP 5 travel experiences:
- Adventuring in New Zealand for 6 months; white water kayaking in various rivers, touring, and hiking in the Coromandel Peninsula
- Zip-lining in the St. Lucian rainforest with her family
- Road-tripping to the West Coast of Canada and exploring Vancouver Island
- Hiking to the top of Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh, Scotland and eating haggis in the pubs
- Staying at the Tundra Buggy Lodge outside of Churchill and seeing the polar bears in their natural habitat
What is Andrea’s closing comment?
“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting so… get on your way.” Dr. Seuss