Did you know there is a medical term for Jet Lag? Desynchronosis happens when travelers travel long distances from east to west or west to east quickly, such as traveling from Winnipeg, Manitoba to somewhere in Kenya. Traveling across multiple time zones confuses your internal body clock. It might be morning when you arrive at your destination, but your body thinks it should be bed time. Eating and sleeping times, body temperatures, even your digestive system may be off, leaving you feeling exhausted, bloated, and irritable. Read More >
Meet the Team
Cathy is an independent Certified Travel Counsellor with over 30 years’ experience in the travel business. She is also a certified tour director and travel counsellor instructor with a local business college.
Cathy’s love of travel started at 19 years old with her first flight with friends to Hawaii and is as strong as ever today. Years later Cathy went back to Hawaii to get married in Kona, after getting engaged at Sandals in St. Lucia.
After graduating first in her Travel Counsellor class, Cathy worked as a Passenger Agent at the Winnipeg International Airport for Air Canada, followed by a Travel Counsellor position with The Bay Travel. She moved on to manage American Express Travel in Winnipeg before joining The Great Canadian Travel Company Ltd. as an independent agent.
Cathy became very familiar with the Caribbean and Mexican Riviera when she spent almost 4 years on cruise ships as a Port Lecturer.
Wanting to further expand her experiences on land, shortly after returning from working at sea Cathy attained certification as a tour director (tour manager / tour guide).
TOP 5 travel experiences:
- The first time she saw an Ocean.
- Submarine tour of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Catching a sword fish in Cinque Terra, Italy which was shared by family and friends on a balcony overlooking the sea shortly after.
- Kenya Safari that included hot air ballooning over the Maasi Mara and finished with a stay in Mombasa Beach. During this trip she experienced a baboon brushing her ankle as he walked by while she was sun tanning between safaris and held her breath on a boat in Lake Naivasha as it was being charged by a hippo.
- Enriching the experience of tour guests while working on tours all over North America.
Cathy is thankful that she is one of the lucky few that love what she does for a living.