Who is Chris:
Chris joined The Great Canadian Travel Company after working many years in the public sector. She came to fill in for a couple of months in 2013 and is still here today. It’s easy to work in a positive environment, a workplace that the co-workers love to share their expertise and strive for happy clients. Her area of expertise in the company is on the administration side. She enjoys being a part of ‘behind the scenes’. She says everyone works hard, but she strongly believes it is important to have a good work/life balance.
What are Chris’ TOP 5 travel experiences:
- A ‘Greek’ day after – Nursing ourselves back to normal, following an evening of dancing to bouzouki music in a Greek tavern on the island of Crete
- Driving around, searching and photographing icebergs near Bona Vista, Newfoundland
- Somewhat rustic camping in the pouring rain in Long Beach, Tofino, British Columbia
- A favorite American destination is Las Vegas, where she’s had some success on the machines, but enjoyed the experience 10 times with the girls – always coming home exhausted!
- Visiting Poland and the Ukraine – to see the birthplace of her grandparents. Meeting more family than they ever knew they had. Have maintained a long distance relationship with this family that they now ‘know’
What is Chris’ closing comment:
Travel is Adventure. Every new or previously visited destination is a new adventure. Adventures can be exciting and interesting, but always what you make it!