What can one learn from walking in another’s shoes (or in this case, bare feet)? More than I could have ever imagined!!! When in the Deception Valley area of Botswana with my husband and our two teenage sons, we were fortunate enough to spend the day trekking through the Kalahari Desert with a fascinating father and son team from the local indigenous San Tribe.
Meet the Team
Margot is the newest member of the team at The Great Canadian Company. I am a retired Special Education Preschool teacher. For 16 years she taught a “Parents and one-year-old” program. During school breaks she was fortunate enough to travel extensively to all four points of the world with her husband and 2 sons.
Margot’s top 5 travel adventures have been:
- Experiencing the abundant wildlife on African safaris. From being mesmerized by the tens of thousands of wildebeests and zebras during the great migration on the Serengeti, to waking up to a visiting elephant by her tent or one night watching 2 hippos fight each other for land, the thrill was incredible.
- Learning more about the Arctic from kayaking with the belugas whales, being up and close with the magnificent polar bears to falling in love with the wonderful smiles of the children.
- Celebrating Alms with Monks Christmas morning and setting off wish lanterns and fireworks on New Years Eve in Thailand.
- Participating in some amazing adventures in Peru. From sleeping in the Manu Rain Forest to hiking the Inca trail to Machu Picchu or sand boarding in the dessert. Peru has it all.
- However, her most magical place in the world is at her family cottage at Lake of the Woods, Canada. She has spent over 50 years enjoying its beauty and sharing in endless adventures and wonderful family memories. Margot feels truly blessed to have all of her extended family as my cottage neighbours.
Thursday, October 13, 2016
San Bushmen of the Kalahari
Friday, January 15, 2016
Five Things to Think About When Planning a Holiday
Planning a holiday for yourself or your family may be exciting, but it can be complicated and, dare we say, stressful. Here at Great Canadian Travel Company we have seen it all – and we know exactly how to put your mind at ease. Here are a few examples of how you can start the planning for your next adventure. Read More >