Who is the Great Canadian Travel Bear (she really needs a name):
She is the newest member of our Great Canadian Travel team. She has only been in the travel industry for a short time but has already travelled to some neat places like Cancun and Puerto Vallarta in Mexico, Costa Rica, Las Vegas and Amsterdam, with more exciting travels coming up in her calendar. She can’t book anything for you, you know…because, being a polar bear, she doesn’t have opposable thumbs, so isn’t very good at typing or dialling phones. And bears tend to not be good at grammar so we can’t let her write letters or emails. But, she can give you lots of tips about places she’s been and places she wants to go, including the Arctic which she called home before she moved to the big city.
Since she’s already an animal, when asked what animal she’d be if she was an animal, she said she’d still choose to be a polar bear, because polar bears are not only very photogenic and look fabulous in red, they are also very adept at finding food under thick sea ice and providing for their families.
Watch our Facebook page and our Instagram (@GreatCdnTravel) for updates of her adventures. You can email her travel or polar bear questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and she’d be happy to answer you (with some help with the typing)! Share with your friends so they can ask her questions, too!
Name Our Bear contest!
Beginning at 9:00AM (CT), February 27, 2018 to 11:59PM (CT), March 13, 2018 you can enter the Great Canadian Travel Name Our Bear contest. Just fill in the following information on our Make an Inquiry Form:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Your submission for a name for our bear
- Your answer to these 2 survey questions: 1) When you look at a travel website are you looking for travel ideas to spark your interest OR for detailed day by day itineraries? and 2) When you look at a travel website how important are client testimonials on the site?
If your entry is chosen as the winner of the Name Our Bear contest you will win a trip for one person on our Churchill Polar Bear Daytripper departing Winnipeg on November 3, 2018. Prize trip sponsored by Great Canadian Travel and our industry partner, Heartland Travel.
6:45am – You have an early start today as you depart the Calm Air Charter Terminal on an ATR 42-300 aircraft for Churchill. You receive a light breakfast on board.
You arrive in Churchill. Upon arrival you will be transferred directly to the Tundra Buggy launch site where you will board your Tundra Buggy for the day. This is a very unique vehicle, well heated, and washroom equipped. The Buggy’s over inflated tires allow unparalleled access onto the tundra. Conservation regulation restricts the routes these vehicles can follow in order to protect the fragile ecosystem of this sub-Arctic region. The knowledgeable Tundra Buggy driver / interpreter will make every effort to ensure you have the most favourable conditions to photograph the bears. A platform on the rear of the buggy allows passengers to get an unrestricted view of the bears. A hearty boxed lunch, prepared locally, will be served on board. You return to Churchill at dusk for dinner at the Seaport Restaurant.
There will also be time to shop for some Inuit soapstone carvings or other local souvenirs.
Your flight departs for Winnipeg.
You arrive at the Calm Air Charter Terminal in Winnipeg, tired but exhilarated from the amazing day out on the tundra with the polar bears of Churchill, with memories to last a lifetime.
Now for the boring stuff, the Fine Print.
- Contest opens at 9:00am CT on February 27, 2018 and closes at 11:59pm on March 13, 2018. The contest winner will be announced on March 17, 2018 (maybe you’ll have the luck of the Irish and win the trip!)
- All entries must be submitted online on our Make an Inquiry form and include your first and last names, email address, your submission for a name for our bear and your answers to the two survey questions.
- The contest is open to anyone 18 years of age or older, excluding employees of the sponsors and their immediate family members living in the same household.
- One entry per person. Duplicate, incomplete or late entries will not be entered into the contest.
- The sponsors of this contest are The Great Canadian Travel Group and Heartland Travel.
- The sponsors reserve the right to suspend, modify or terminate this contest or to modify the rules of the contest at any time without prior notice.
- The prize trip is valid only for the Churchill Polar Bear Daytripper, November 3, 2018. No changes can be made to the travel date.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-endorsable and has no cash value.
- Travel is subject to all usual travel restrictions and the prize winner is responsible to have proper documentation to fly from Winnipeg to Churchill and return.
- Contest entries become the property of the sponsors. By entering the contest, you are consenting to the use of your name and image (photograph or video) in publicity carried out by the sponsors in respect to this contest. You are also consenting to and agree with the Sponsors’ collection and use of your information to send promotions by email in the future.
- Contest entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsors from and against any and all with respect to and arising from the Contest and the awarding, use or misuse of the prize rewarded, including liability for personal injury or damage to property.