11 days / 10 nights or 12 days / 11 nights
January: 4, 6, 14
February: 6, 13
November 4, 7, 16, 26
December: 2, 5, 6, 11, 20, 29
February: 4, 22
From US$5,595 - US$10, 595
Day 1: Ushuaia, Argentina
This expedition to Antarctica begins with a night in a hotel in Ushuaia, Argentina.
Day 2: Embarkation Day
After embarkation, you cruise down the Beagle Channel. From the deck, birders can add albatross, penguins and petrels to their life list. Later in the evening everyone should be on deck to watch the sure-footed Channel pilot clamber down to the boat sent to collect him.
Day 3-4: Crossing the Drake
Prepare for rough water, but do not be disappointed if your crossing of the Drake Passage is smooth sailing. The world's roughest stretch of water is continually changes.
Days 5-8: South Shetland Islands & Peninsula
Many factors play a role in shaping the expedition's itinerary weather, ice and the presence of wildlife. Perhaps, you'll feel salt spray on your face as the Zodiac weaves in and around grounded icebergs in Pleneau Bay. Scramble to the top of a craggy hill for an unforgettable view of a splendid chasm near Port Lockroy. Sit quietly on a pebbled beach to wait for a curious penguin chick to approach. Or take a plunge into the icy waters of Neko Harbour.
During this cruise itinerary, explore the highlights of the Peninsula with travelers who enjoy kayaking, camping, cross-country skiing, and mountaineering. The natural cycle of life ensures that every expedition is different. And that every expedition itinerary is full of surprises! In Antarctica, silence is so complete that interruptions become indelible memories; noisy penguins squabbling over prized pebbles, the boom and crack of a calving glacier. For some, there is the sound of breathing: Arms pump and legs power you up an incline on cross-country skis.
As you sail from island to shore to bay, the Expedition Team makes time for contemplation, tests your endurance and engages your curiosity
Days 9-10: The Drake Passage
Return to Ushuaia across the Drake Passage.
Day 11: Disembarkation in Ushuaia
After breakfast aboard, we transfer the group to the airport for homeward flights.
- Shipboard accommodation onboard the Ocean Diamond, Sea Adventurer and Sea Spirit with daily housekeeping.
- 1 night of pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Ushuaia with breakfast.
- Group transfer on Day 2 from a designated location in Ushuaia to the ship.
- Shipboard breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- Shore landings per the program delivered on the ship each day.
- Professional Expedition Leadership.
- All Zodiac excursions and transfers.
- Formal and informal educational presentations by the Expedition Team.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage.
- An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep.
- The loan of a pair of waterproof boots for the duration of the voyage.
- Coffee, tea, and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in each cabin.
- Comprehensive pre-departure package including a map and Reader.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All shipboard luggage handling.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance to a maximum benefit of $100,000 per person.
- Group transfer from the ship to the Ushuaia airport.
- Transfer from Ushuaia airport to the hotel on Day 1.
- Airfare to/from Ushuaia, Argentina
- Taxes, fees and airline surcharges
- Optional tours
- Gratuities and items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance (mandatory evacuation coverage)
We have a variety of options for you to think about - the length of the trip, and the ship you choose for this expedition. Call one of our agents and we'll be happy to help you decide which ship best suits your needs!
Each expedition has a variety of adventure options we can book for your - camping, kayaking, skiing, hiking... just ask!