Day 1 — Ushuaia, Argentina
With a population of more than 63,000 people, Ushuaia is the southernmost city in the world.
Day 2 — Embarkation Day
Embarkation will occur in the late afternoon, after which your vessel will sail down the historic Beagle Channel.
Day 3 — Cape Horn
The Cape Horn National Park was declared a World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in June 2005.
Day 4 — Crossing the Drake Passage
Prepare yourself for potentially rough water, but hope for a smooth sailing as the Drake is unpredictable and always changing.
Days 5 to 9 — South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
When the Antarctic Convergence is left in our wake, you will truly begin your Antarctic adventure.
Days 10 and 11 — Drake Passage to Ushuaia
The journey back across the Drake Passage provides you with some final opportunities to enjoy the crisp Antarctic air.
Day 12 — Disembarkation in Ushuaia
We’ll arrive in Ushuaia in the morning for you to continue your adventure on land or catch your flights home.
- One night pre-expedition hotel accommodation with breakfast in Ushuaia, Buenos Aires or Punta Arenas as indicated in the itinerary. (The number of guests per room is the same as cabin occupancy on the ship. Due to limited availability, travelers who reserve a suite on board are accommodated in standard rooms at the hotel. Triple rooms may not be available.)
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage. (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
- All shore landings per the daily program.
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition leader, including shore landings and other activities.
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program.
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage.
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings.
- An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep.
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin.
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader.
- A group transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from the ship to the local airport.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All luggage handling aboard ship.
- Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.
*Ask us about additional inclusions on each of the ships!
- Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation and lunch on specified fly and cruise programs.
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
- Telecommunications charges.
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
- Massage services.
2 for 1 sale terms: Buy One Get One Free (50% off)
Offer is valid for select departures only and can be applied to new bookings only. Cabins are limited. Excludes Triple cabins. Bookings must be confirmed on the day of reservation. Full payment required at time of booking. Bookings are accepted from Monday Sept 22, 2014 at 8am Eastern Standard time to Friday, September 26, 2014 at 12pm Eastern Standard Time. Single accommodation is available at 50% off regular published rates. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, and no additional price reduction of any kind can be applied (i.e. no past passenger loyalty discount, service discount, or referral discount.) Valid on voyage cost only; not valid on airfare, adventure options, pre/post extensions or insurance.