Great Wildebeest Migration Tanzania Safari
Experience the incredible wildebeest migration across the Serengeti and the diversity of wildlife in the Ngorongoro Crater with our partner Asilia, a leading African safari company.
11 Days/10 Nights
May: 11*, 14*, 22*
May: 04*, 07*, 10*, 21*
*Sold out or on request
US$5,605 – twin
US$5,945 – single
Prices are shown in US$, per person based on two people sharing twin accommodation and one person in single accommodation.
- Two nights of accommodation at Arusha Hotel (or similar)
- Two nights of accommodation at Ngorongoro Farmhouse
- Visit to a Maasai village
- Three nights of accommodation at Dunia Camp
- Three nights of accommodation at Ubuntu Camp
- All meals included Days 2-10, breakfast only Day 11
- Day room at Kia Lodge near Kilimanjaro International Airport on Day 11
- Park fees
- Private naturalist driver-guide as specified in the itinerary
- Transfers and flights mentioned in the itinerary
- Scheduled game drives, open vehicles at Dunia and Ubuntu camps
- Emergency evacuation insurance for guests under 70 years of age
- Soft drinks, tea, coffee, bottled water, local beer, house wine and non-premium liquor at Dunia and Ubuntu Camps
- Laundry facilities at Dunia and Ubuntu Camps
- Fully escorted by a Great Canadian Travel staff member
- International travel to/from Kilimanjaro Internation Airport for Arusha
- Any other extra/ optional activities added to your program
- Beverages other than those mentioned in the “Included section” (champagnes, cellar wines and premium spirits are excluded)
- Tips and gratuities for guides, drivers and lodge/camp staff
- Airport taxes and security fees (unless mentioned specifically, taxes/fees must be paid direct at airport)
- Passport and visa fees, if required
- Laundry at accommodation other than Asilia Camp
- Phone calls and items of a personal nature.
- Travel Insurance
Photo credit: special thanks to our client, Marco Cotton, an amateur photographer who took all of the stunning images used on this page while on his Tanzania safari in May 2016. What an incredible collection of photographs!
Flights: please note that we fly to the Serengeti avoiding the long, dusty, rough, 6-8 hour drive from Tarangire. We also return by air from the Serengeti to Arusha at the end of your safari. This combination of flights maximizes the time doing what you actually came to do – watch wildlife! The cost of the flights is included in the price of our tours.
Vehicle: We use 7 passenger, open air vehicles that have roofs but no walls. However, we only place a maximum of 5 people in each vehicle, which allows for the most freedom of movement for photography and wildlife viewing. We encourage you to compare this advantage to other companies.
Extensions: We can provide you with extensions to Zanzibar and a variety of other destinations in Africa and beyond. It may be possible to fly from Grumeti airstrip directly to Zanzibar, rather than returning to Arusha. If this is the case a credit for the unused airfare Grumeti-Arusha will be applied to your Grumeti-Zanzibar airfare. Please ask for details.