North Iceland Aurora Challenge
Experience the Arctic North! This tour takes you on an exploration of West and North Iceland, known for its winter adventures in a veritable nature paradise.
8 days / 7 nights
October: 11, 25
November: 08, 22
February: 07, 14, 21, 28
March: 07, 14, 21, 28
US$2,655 – twin
US$2,655 – triple
US$3,019 – single
Extra nights in Reykjavik:
From US$92 – twin or triple
From US$143 – single
Prices shown are per person in US$, based on 1 person in a single room, 2 people sharing a twin room or 3 people sharing a triple room. Pricing is subject to change based on exchange rates in effect at time of booking.
- Round-trip airport transfers between Keflavik and Reykjavik
- Fully escorted 6-day tour with English speaking guide
- 7 nights of accommodation in tourist class hotels
- Breakfast daily
- Meals: 2X light lunch; 3X 3-course dinner; 3X midnight refreshments
- Visit to natural history & seal museum
- Horse show, coffee & cake at local horse farm
- Visit to herring museum and local micro beer brewery
- Hot steam baked bread tasting
- Entrance with towel at Mývatn Nature Baths
- Snow shoe hike (or hike if no snow) in lava labyrinth
- Visit to Mývatn bird museum
- Visit to Christmas house & garden near Akureyri
- Visit to Víðimýri turf church, Glaumbær folk museum & turf farm and tannery in Skagafjörður
- Northern Lights program during 5 evenings with a combination of lectures, presentations, film and guided searches for the Northern Lights
- Use of winter & Northern Lights explorer equipment: simple non-slip snow & ice grippers spikes for shoes and a flash light that is helpful when walking in the dark and operating your photo camera at night
- Airfare to/from Iceland
- Optional tours not mentioned in itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a Personal Nature
DAILY DRIVING: Total mileage without airport transfer is 1.190 km (738 miles) which is an average of 200 km (124 miles) per day. You spend about 3 hours per day on the bus, depending on road conditions, traffic and daily distances. On some days the driving might be longer than on some other days, such as day 2 and day 7.
CHANGE OF PROGRAM: Itineraries may be subject to change at short notice during severe weather conditions and certain outdoor activities/day trips may be cancelled during the winter season in Iceland.
NATURE FEES: There is a possibility that some of the nature attractions around Iceland might charge an entrance fee during the trip. These entrance fees are not included in the tour price and need to be paid by all tour members additionally on the spot, when entering any of these nature sites. Locations, amount of entrance fee, form of payment and other details are not known at the present time and are subject to change.
10% Discount for bookings made by the 21 December, 2016 for the following departures of this tour:
February: 07, 14, 21