Iceland with South Greenland
Combine time in South Greenland’s dramatic land and seascapes and in Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik and surrounding area for a unique perspective on this very special part of the North Atlantic.
- A free day in Reykjavik to take in an optional tour – maybe a Tuk Tuk or coach tour of the city, whale watching in the harbour or horseback riding just a short distance away
- Ancient Viking Parliament area of Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the multi-tiered “Golden Falls”, Gullfoss, and the geothermal area of Geysir
- Guided walking tours of Narsarsuaq and Narsaq
- Free day in Greenland to relax, explore on your own or add-on an optional tour
Saturdays: 16 June – 25 August
US$3,709 – twin room
US$4,539 – single room
US$90 – optional dinner plan, per person
Rates are quoted per person in US$ based on two people sharing a twin room or one person in a single room. Prices are subject to change due to currency fluctuations, tax increases and other revisions put in place by the tour operators.
Deposit required at time of reservation: minimum US$2,000 per person. Balance due 70 days prior to travel.
Arrive at Keflavik International Airport. A Blue Lagoon Experience is included, which offers transportation from the airport to the spa, admission and towel rental. Remember to pack your bathing suit and water shoes in your carry-on bag, for easy access. Plastic bags are provided at the Blue Lagoon to put your wet suit in once you’re done your relaxing soak. On return to Keflavik you will board your late afternoon flight to Narsarsuaq, Greenland. On arrival in Narsarsuaq you will be met at the airport and transferred to your nearby hotel. After a briefing session you will go on a guided walking tour of the community followed by a group dinner.
This morning you transfer from your hotel to the pier and board your boat to sail along Eric’s Fjord to the community of Narsaq. Upon arrival you will be met by your guide, escorted to your hotel for check-in an a briefing session followed by a walking tour of this charming Greenlandic community.
A day to relax or take one of the optional excursions available in this stunning countryside. You will lose sense of the outside world for the short time that you are here, and immerse yourself in the timelessness of the Greenlandic countryside. Enjoy a farewell dinner this evening.
Following breakfast and a farewell coffee with your guide, you will transfer to back to the pier in Narsarsuaq by boat and out to the airport. Fly back to Keflavik, Iceland. Transfer to you down town Reykjavik hotel and check-in for a three-night stay in the Icelandic capital.
A free day in Reykjavik. It’s a great city to explore on foot or take a Tuk Tuk or coach tour of the city. There are also many other day trips available such as horseback riding, whale watching, snorkelling, caving, an ATV tour, or a day’s car hire to explore on your own? The choice is yours.
A full day Golden Circle tour visiting Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall and the geysir area, where the reliable Strokkur geysir erupts every 5-10 minutes. Return to Reykjavik in time for dinner and a stroll around the city centre and along the harbour.
Check out of your accommodation and transfer to Keflavik airport to catch your onward flight or your flight home.
- Blue Lagoon Experience tour on day of arrival
- Return flights between Keflavik and Narsarsuaq
- Taxes on flights
- Transfers in Narsarsuaq between airport and hotel
- Return boat transfer from Narsarsuaq to Narsaq
- Three nights of accommodation in Greenland
- Three nights of accommodation in Reykjavik
- Breakfast daily at hotels
- Two dinners in South Greenland
- Golden Circle day tour in Iceland
- Guided walking tour of Narsarsuaq
- Guided walking tour of Narsaq
- Round trip transfer from Keflavik to downtown Reykjavik
- Destination representative in Greenland
- International airfare to/from Iceland
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities to local guides
- Items of a personal nature
Iceland and Greenland lie only 500 miles apart but offer travellers a fantastic opportunity to compare the completely different cultures and landscapes of these two neighbouring countries.
This program can be shortened or lengthened by taking away or adding nights in Reykjavik pre or post tour.
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.