Iceland with the Faroe Islands
This classic program offers the opportunity to combine time in two of the North Atlantic’s major islands, with time leftover to add a side trip to Greenland if you want! Fly between Reykjavik and the Faroes, and enjoy time to explore each country’s unique charms.
- Drive across the Bridge Over the Atlantic connecting the islands of Stremoy and Eysturoy in the Faroe Islands
- See the gorgeous community of Gjogv and hike in the area’s beautiful, green hills
- Explore the historic, town-centre in Torshavn
- Full-day Golden Circle tour in Iceland including the multi-tiered “Golden Falls” and the geothermal area of Geysir
- Ancient Viking Parliament area of Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
From Reykjavik: Mondays and Fridays year round; Wednesdays May-August
US$1,425 – twin
Prices are shown per person in US$ based on 2 people sharing a twin room and vehicle rental. Rates are also available for 3 people sharing a triple room and vehicle rental or 1 person in a single room and vehicle. Pricing is subject to change based on exchange rates in effect at time of booking and availability of tour components.
Arrive in Keflavik and transfer to the domestic airport in Reykjavik for the onward flight to Vagar. Upon arrival, you will pick up your car from the AVIS desk and overnight at the Vagar Hotel. The afternoon will be free to explore this lovely part of the Faroes, or simply relax at the hotel.
After breakfast, drive to the island of Stremoy which you will cross before heading across the Bridge over The Atlantic, the bridge that joins the islands of Stremoy and Eysturoy. Your accommodation tonight, is at the gorgeous Gjaargardur Guesthouse, in the picturesque community of Gjogv (pronounced “Joff”).
Return to the Vagar airport and return your rental car. Following the short flight to Reykjavik, transfer to your hotel in the centre of town for a three-night stay.
A full day Golden Circle tour – Iceland’s iconic sights of Gullfoss waterfall, the geysir area and Thingvellir National Park.
A free day to relax, explore the city, or perhaps take another optional day tour. Whale watching, Horseback riding, waterfalls, hiking; whatever you want to do, Iceland can offer it! Just ask one of our professional counsellors to help you decide.
Transfer to Keflavik airport in the early afternoon for your return flight to North America, continue on to Europe, the UK or Scandinavia. Or stay awhile longer in Iceland – the choice is yours.
- Return airport transfers between Keflavik and Reykjavik
- Return airfare between Iceland and Faroes
- Four nights’ accommodation in the Faroes with breakfast daily
- Three nights’ accommodation in Iceland with breakfast daily
- Economy, manual transmission vehicle rental in Faroes
- Full-day Golden Circle tour in Iceland
- Transfer from Reykjavik airport to your hotel on return from the Faroes
- Tax on airline ticket between Reykjavik and Vagar, return
- Optional tours, as booked
- Travel insurance, gratuities, items of a personal nature.
Please note that other departures are available from Copenhagen, Aalborg and Billund, Denmark; Bergen, Norway and Edinburgh, Scotland. The season of travel and duration of time spend in the Faroes will be dependant on the flight schedules from each of these cities.
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.