Magical Snaefellsnes Peninsula
Only have a few days in Iceland but want to get out into the countryside and experience the beauty of rural Iceland? Try this short self-drive that takes you north of Reykjavik to the magical Snaefellsnes Peninsula.
- The Snaefellsnes Peninsula, a spectacular and magical place
- Home to Snaefellsjoekull, the volcano that inspired the entry point to the centre of the earth in Jules Verne’s novel “Journey to the Centre of the Earth”
- Broad view of Iceland’s geology, geography, flora and fauna
- Breidafjordur Bay offers summer boat tours and the opportunity to see seals sunning on the rocky shoreline and puffins by the thousands
- Hiking, cross-country skiing, glacier tours and kayaking are just some of the activities offered
2017 & 2018 Departures:
2017 & 2018 Pricing:
October – December 23 & January – April
Budget: US$420 – twin
Moderate: US$475 – twin
Superior: US$539 – twin
May & September
Budget: US$535 – twin
Moderate: US$589 – twin
Superior: US$685 – twin
June – August & December 24 – 31
Budget: US$625 – twin
Moderate: US$720 – twin
Superior: US$800 – twin
Prices shown are starting from prices, per person in US$ based on 2 people sharing accommodation and one vehicle. Rates for single and triple occupancy are available on request. CA$ prices are available on request. Pricing is subject to change based on exchange rates in effect at time of booking and availability of tour components.
This morning you pick up your rental vehicle and drive north from Reykjavik along the beautiful west coast of Iceland to the Snaefellsnes Peninsula. You will spend two nights in this fantastic area, giving you time to explore the region. Less visited than the south coast you’ll find fewer tourists here and more time to enjoy the quiet and peaceful nature.
A full day today to explore, do some hiking, kayaking, take a boat tour out on Breidafjordur Bay, a tour up onto the Snaefellsjokull glacier or just relax and enjoy the ocean side views with seals sunning themselves on the rocks and puffins by the thousands.
Today you will drive back south to Reykjavik and turn in your rental vehicle. You may choose to stay on in Reykjavik for a few nights, join an escorted tour or fly on to your next destination. If you are flying out of Keflavik International Airport today we can arrange for you to drop off your rental vehicle at the airport for a small drop fee. Please inquire for pricing.
- 2 nights of accommodation in category chosen, with breakfast
- 3 day economy vehicle rental, manual transmission, unlimited mileage, insurances, taxes and service fees, two registered drivers, a GPS and mobile phone
- Airfare to/from Iceland
- Optional touring
- Extra insurance and options on the rental vehicle
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
The Snaefellsnes Peninsula is said to offer a broad view of Iceland’s geology, geography, flora and fauna and is a spectacular and magical place. Home to the volcano that inspired the entry point to the centre of the earth in Jules Verne’s novel “Journey to the Centre of the Earth”, it won’t fail to impress!
Worried about finding your way around? Don’t be! We’ll give you the best possible driving directions, written by Icelanders (translated into English, of course!), in addition to a GPS in the rental vehicle and a mobile phone, yours to keep.
You may choose to upgrade your rental vehicle to a larger size, a 4WD, an automatic transmission, a van or luxury vehicle. Please request a quote.
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.