Who is Allison:
Allison has been in the travel industry since 1997, and employed with Great Canadian Travel for the past 15 years. After graduating from the Travel Program at Success Compu-College she spent a year working & travelling abroad in Australia. She was employed at SeaWorld, and was known as the ‘Canuck’ at the Italian Restaurant she worked at on the Gold Coast.
She has a passion for designing itineraries for Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands. And, specializes in expedition cruising in the Arctic, North Atlantic and Antarctica. Allison has travelled to some of the remote communities in Arctic Canada and has a love for selling travel within this amazing country, including the Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut.
Allison has just celebrated her 15 year anniversary with her husband Mark, and they share two very energetic and creative sons, Nicholas and Liam.
Together, they enjoy travelling, spending time at their cabin, along with activities such as tennis and golf.
What are Allison’s TOP 5 travel experiences:
- Experiencing culture, history and wildlife during the Northwest Passage from Kangerlussuaq, Greenland to Kugluktuk, Arctic Canada
- Snowshoeing in Antarctica
- Kayaking with the Beluga Whales in Churchill, MB
- 8km hike from Tjornuvik to Saksun in the amazing Faroe Islands
- Camping safari in South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe
What is Allison’s closing comment?
Wherever your travels may take you, always remember to take that moment to pause, breathe and take it all in. Plus, try one of the local beers!