Who is Allison:
Allison has been in the travel industry since 1997, and has been with Great Canadian Travel for the past 15 years. After graduating from the Travel Program at Success Compu College she spent a year working & travelling abroad in Australia. She has a passion for designing travel itineraries to destinations such as Iceland, Greenland, The Faroe Islands, along with some of the remote communities in Arctic Canada and specializes in expedition cruises in the Arctic, North Atlantic and the Antarctic.
Allison has been married to her husband Mark since 2004, and they have two sons, Nicholas and Liam.
They enjoy travelling as a family, and spending time at their cabin in the summer months.
What are Allison’s TOP 5 travel experiences:
- Sailing the Northwest Passage from Kangerlussuaq, Greenland to Kugluktuk, Arctic Canada. Duration of 16 days, in August 2012
- Amazing hiking in the Faroe Islands
- Kayaking with Beluga Whales, and staying out the Tundra Lodge to experience the Polar Bears in Churchill, MB
- Camping safari in South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe
- Living and working in Australia for 1 year at age 20
What is Allison’s closing comment?
Wherever your travels may take you, always remember to stop……look around & breathe. Plus, try one of the local beers!