Who is Allison:
Allison has been in the travel industry since 1997, and employed with Great Canadian Travel since 2005. After graduating from the Travel Program at Success Compu-College she spent a year working & travelling abroad in Australia. She was employed at SeaWorld, and was known as the ‘Canuck’ at the Italian Restaurant she worked at on the Gold Coast.
Allison has a passion for writing travel blogs and designing itineraries. She specializes in travel throughout Canada, including Indigenous Experiences along with Expedition Cruises. Allison has travelled to some of the remote communities in Arctic Canada and has a love for selling travel within this amazing country, including the Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut.
Allison married her husband Mark in 2004, and they share two very energetic and creative sons, Nicholas and Liam. The newest addition to their family is a Labradoodle named Maggie Mae.
Together, they enjoy travelling, spending time at the cabin, along with activities such as tennis and golf.
What are Allison’s TOP 5 travel experiences:
- Experiencing culture, history and wildlife during the Northwest Passage from Kangerlussuaq, Greenland to Kugluktuk, Arctic Canada
- Snowshoeing in Antarctica
- Kayaking with the Beluga Whales in Churchill, MB
- 8km hike from Tjornuvik to Saksun in the amazing Faroe Islands
- Camping safari in South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe
What is Allison’s closing comment?
Wherever your travels may take you, always remember to take that moment to pause, breathe and take it all in. Plus, try one of the local beers!