Churchill to Greenland Expedition Cruise
New for 2019! Book by November 30, 2018 and receive a $500 credit. This exciting addition to our expedition cruise programs sails from Churchill, MB on the Polar class ship the Ocean Atlantic. Explore communities and wildlife areas along the shores of Hudson Bay, Hudson Strait leading out to the Labrador Sea and the Atlantic Ocean and across the Davis Strait to the stunning west coast of Greenland.
- Sail from the port of Churchill, Manitoba, the polar bear capital
- Cruise Hudson Bay where you may see seals, migrating birds and beluga whales
- Cross Hudson Strait between Labrador and Baffin Island
- Uummannaq, north Greenland awaits on the other side of the Davis Strait
- Visit Ilulissat famous for its icebergs, the UNESCO icefjord and Eqip Sermia glacier in Disko Bay
- Meet a local Greenlandic family at a kaffemik in Qeqertarsuaq on Disko Island
Cat. F: Triple, inside – US$10,000
Cat. E: Twin/double, inside – US$10,500
Cat. D: Twin/double, porthole – US$13,000
Cat. C: Twin/double, window – US$14,000
Cat. B: Family (4 twins) or Triple, panorama window suite (partial obstructed view) – US$14,000
Cat. B: Twin/double, panorama window suite (partial obstructed view) – US$16,000
Cat. A: Twin/double, panorama window suite – $17,000
Cat. G: Single, outside porthole – US$17,000
Premium Suite: 2 room suite, Twin/double – US$20,000
Charter flight: Winnipeg-Churchill one-way/Kangerlussuaq-Winnipeg one-way, approx. US$2,000 per person
Prices are shown in US$, per person, based on up to four people in a Cat. B family cabin, three people sharing a triple cabin, two people sharing a twin cabin and one person in a single cabin. A limited number of single willing to share spaces will be offered in Cat. F triple cabins. Please inquire for details.
Arrival in Churchill, Manitoba, the Polar Bear capital of the world. Get an opportunity to get up close and personal with Polar Bears and other arctic wildlife via specially designed arctic tundra vehicles.
Embark on Ocean Atlantic and cruise into Hudson Bay.
Marble island and Rankin Inlet – Opportunity to view Beluga whales in the shallow bays of Marble Island and tour of the hamlet of Rankin Inlet.
Coats Island. Opportunity to view the migratory birds and other wildlife on the island.
Cape Dorset, Inuit Art Centre.
Cruising into Hudson Strait.
Akpatok island. Opportunity to view migratory birds and other wildlife on the island.
At sea, crossing Davis Strait. Lectures on Arctic subjects.
Town and island of Uummannaq below the heart-shaped mountain.
Eqip Sermia Glacier, opportunity to view icebergs calving from the largest glacier outside Antarctica.
Ilulissat. Walk to the Sermermiut plain and the Icefjord. (optional helicopter flight and boat tours)
Town of Sisimiut. Town walk and lecture about colonial Greenland. Tasting of local dishes. (optional excursion package).
Kangerlussuaq. Disembark from your expedition ship and board your flight back to Canada.
Itinerary outlined is subject to change without notice depending on weather and other conditions that may make changes necessary. This could include substitution of an alternative port from what is shown here.
- Transfer from Churchill airport to town
- 1 night of accommodation in Churchill
- Meals in Churchill
- Tundra tour of the Wildlife Management Area just outside Churchill
- 12 nights of accommodation on ship
- Full board on the ship from dinner on day 2 to breakfast on day 14
- Complimentary wine and beer with meals
- 24 hour coffee and tea; afternoon snacks
- Port fees
- Zodiac transportation to/from ship and on excursions
- Complimentary Expedition parka
- Loan of rubber boots for duration of cruise
- Services of experienced, knowledgeable guides
- Onboard activities, Interactive workshops and educational programming
- Attractions as outlined in itinerary above, unless specified as optional
- Pre-travel documents package
- Airfare to/from Winnipeg
- Charter flight from Winnipeg to Churchill and from Kangerlussuaq to Winnipeg
- Accommodation in Winnipeg pre or post cruise
- Meals not specified
- Optional Tours and excursions
- Gratuities to staff and crew, suggest US$15/person/day
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.