Churchill Polar Bear Daytripper
002159 - R15
Really short on time? Pop up to Churchill for the day to check on the famous ice bears, kings of the Arctic, out on the tundra!
- Spend a full day travelling north to Churchill
- Get out on the tundra and look for polar bears
- Spot other arctic wildlife such as foxes, hare and Snowy Owls
- Have lunch on the tundra vehicle, giving you the maximum time to spot bears
- Bring home a day full of memories to last a lifetime
October: 23, 30
From CA$1,698 per person
Taxes: 5% GST
Prices are shown per person in Canadian $.
002159 - R15
Your adventure begins with a private charter flight to from Winnipeg to Churchill. The 2.5 hour flight takes you from the city lights, over prairie fields, boreal forests and scantily-treed taiga to the flat tundra and the town of Churchill.
On arrival in Churchill you are transferred directly to the Tundra Buggy Dock and begin your journey exploring the Churchill Wildlife Management Area (CWMA) with Dr. Petersen, Director of Conservation and Research at Assiniboine Park Zoo. He will share insights on the importance of polar bear research and conservation and how it relates to climate change.
You will spend the day exploring the trail network in the CWMA, on the lookout for polar bears wandering free in their natural habitat, along with other subarctic wildlife such as arctic fox, arctic hare, snowy owls and ptarmigan. Late afternoon the Tundra Buggy driver heads back the the docking station.
After a full day of wildlife viewing, you will disembark the Tundra Buggy, transfer to the airport for your return flight to Winnipeg, taking with you memories of this amazing northern adventure.
Partial proceeds from this tour will go toward Assiniboine Park Conservancy in support of its polar bear research and conservation efforts.
- Round trip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill
- Churchill transfers
- Full day Tundra Buggy tour with lunch
- Tour escort throughout
- Airfare to/from Winnipeg (if required)
- Winnipeg hotel nights pre/post tour
- Transportation to/from the air charter terminal in Winnipeg
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of a personal nature
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.