Churchill Polar Bear Daytripper
Really short on time? Pop up to Churchill for the day to check on the famous ice bears, kings of the Arctic, out on the tundra!
- Spend a full day travelling north to Churchill
- Get out on the tundra and look for polar bears
- Spot other arctic wildlife such as foxes, hare and Snowy Owls
- Have lunch on the tundra vehicle, giving you the maximum time to spot bears
- Bring home a day full of memories to last a lifetime
October: 25, 31
CA$ 1,649 per person
Taxes: 5% GST
You depart the Calm Air Charter Terminal on an ATR 42-300 aircraft for Churchill. You receive a light breakfast on board.
You arrive in Churchill. Upon arrival you will be transferred directly to the Tundra Buggy launch site where you will board your Tundra Buggy for the day. This is a very unique vehicle, well heated, and washroom equipped. The Buggy’s over inflated tires allow unparalleled access onto the tundra. Conservation regulation restricts the routes these vehicles can follow in order to protect the fragile ecosystem of this sub-Arctic region. The knowledgeable Tundra Buggy driver / interpreter will make every effort to ensure you have the most favourable conditions to photograph the bears. A platform on the rear of the buggy allows passengers to get an unrestricted view of the bears. A hearty boxed lunch, prepared locally, will be served on board. You return to Churchill at dusk for dinner at the Seaport Restaurant.
There will also be time to shop for some Inuit soapstone carvings or other local souvenirs.
Your flight departs for Winnipeg
You arrive at the Calm Air Charter Terminal in Winnipeg
- Round trip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill
- Breakfast on the morning flight
- Full day Tundra Buggy tour with lunch
- Dinner in Churchill
- Churchill transfers
- Tour escort throughout
- Airfare to/from Winnipeg (if required)
- Charter Terminal transfers if not staying at the group hotel
- Winnipeg hotel nights pre/post tour
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of a personal nature
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.