Greenland to Churchill Expedition Cruise
New for 2019! Book by November 30, 2018 and receive a $500 credit. This exciting addition to our expedition cruise programs sails from Kangerlussuaq on Greenland’s stunning west coast on the Polar class ship the Ocean Atlantic. Explore communities dotted along the coastline before crossing Davis Strait, into Hudson Strait and finally arriving at the final port of call, Churchill, Manitoba.
- Sail down the 190 KM Kangerlussuaq fjord
- Iceberg Capital, Ilulissat and the UNESCO ice fjord
- Eqip Sermia glacier in Disko Bay
- Cross Davis Strait to Nunavut (Our Land) Inuit Nation
- Sail along Hudson Strait between Baffin Island and Labrador
- Wildlife may include migratory birds, walrus, polar bears, seals and whales
Cat. F: Triple, inside – US$10,000
Cat. E: Twin/double, inside – US$10,500
Cat. D: Twin/double, porthole – US$13,000
Cat. C: Twin/double, window – US$14,000
Cat. B: Family (4 twins) or Triple, panorama window suite (partial obstructed view) – US$14,000
Cat. B: Twin/double, panorama window suite (partial obstructed view) – US$16,000
Cat. A: Twin/double, panorama window suite – $17,000
Cat. G: Single, outside porthole – US$17,000
Premium Suite: 2 room suite, Twin/double – US$20,000
Charter flight: Winnipeg-Kangerlussuaq one-way/Churchill-Winnipeg one-way, approx. US$2,000 per person
Prices are shown in US$, per person, based on up to four people in a Cat. B family cabin, three people sharing a triple cabin, two people sharing a twin cabin and one person in a single cabin. A limited number of single willing to share spaces will be offered in Cat. F triple cabins. Please inquire for details.
Arrive at Kangerlussuaq and transfer to the pier. Embark on Ocean Atlantic and cruise down the fjord.
Town of Sisimiut. Town walk and lecture about colonial Greenland. Tasting of local dishes. (optional excursion package).
Qeqertarsuaq. Cultural program. Eqip Sermia Glacier.
Ilulissat. Walk to the Sermermiut plain and the Icefjord. (optional helicopter flight and boat tours)
Town of Uummannaq and tiny Niaqornat settlement.
At sea, crossing Davis Strait. Lectures on Arctic subjects.
Iqaluit on Baffin Island. (optional helicopter tours to Grinell Glacier & Allen Ice field)
Cruising into Hudson Strait.
Cape Dorset, Inuit Art Centre.
Coats Island. Opportunity to view migratory birds and other wildlife on the island.
Marble Island and Rankin Inlet – Opportunity to view Beluga whales in the shallow bays of Marble island and tour of the hamlet of Rankin Inlet
Churchill, Manitoba. Polar bear capital of the World. Disembark & get an opportunity to get up close and personal with polar bears & other arctic wildlife via specially designed arctic buggies.
Fly south to Winnipeg and continue on to your home city. Or, why not stay a day or two in Manitoba’s capital city? We can arrange accommodation and car rental for you to do some sightseeing.
Itinerary outlined is subject to change without notice depending on weather and other conditions that may make changes necessary. This could include substitution of an alternative port from what is shown here.
- Transfer from Kangerlussuaq airport to pier
- 12 nights of accommodation on ship
- Full board on the ship from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 13
- Complimentary wine and beer with meals
- 24 hour coffee and tea; afternoon snacks
- Port fees
- Zodiac transportation to/from ship and on excursions
- Complimentary Expedition parka
- Loan of rubber boots for duration of cruise
- Services of experienced, knowledgeable guides
- Onboard activities, Interactive workshops and educational programming
- 1 night of accommodation in Churchill
- Meals in Churchill
- Tundra tour of the Wildlife Management Area just outside Churchill
- Attractions as outlined in itinerary above, unless specified as optional
- Pre-travel documents package
- Airfare to/from Winnipeg
- Charter flight from Winnipeg to Kangerlussuaq and Churchill to Winnipeg
- Accommodation in Winnipeg pre or post cruise
- Meals not specified
- Optional Tours and excursions
- Gratuities to staff and crew, suggest US$15/person/day
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.