Hwange Little Makalolo Camp, Zimbabwe
Hwange is the largest National Park in Zimbabwe, known for massive herds of elephant and buffalo and is an important breeding ground for the African wild dog, black rhino, roan and sable antelopes. Lion, leopard and cheetah are regularly sighted.
- Hwange National Park is a major Big 5 game park
- Easy access from Victoria Falls by scheduled circuit, light aircraft directly to the camp
- Stay in a tented room and enjoy delicious meals daily
- Game viewing safaris in this private concession built within the Hwange National Park
- Typically wildlife seen include elephant, buffalo, sable, roan, southern giraffe, blue wildebeest, impala, lion, leopard and cheetah as well as over 400 species of birds
Group Size: Minimum 2 / Maximum 10
Daily, on customized basis: February, March and May
February & March:
From US$1,409 – twin
From US$1,885 – twin
Prices are “starting from” rates, shown in US$, per person based on two people sharing a twin room. Actual price for your tour may vary from the starting prices shown depending on your date of travel, availability of accommodation. Single rates on request.
Visit Hwange National Park on this short tour, or add this program on to any tour that ends in Victoria Falls. On arrival to Victoria Falls airport you will be met and transferred by circuit flight to Little Makalolo Camp. You will stay for two nights in a comfortable, tented room. Situated in a remote and private concession within the vast and iconic Hwange National Park, Little Makalolo is one of the few camps built within the park boundaries. Legendary for its array of wildlife, particularly massive herds of elephant and buffalo, you can expect a holiday of a lifetime. Our smiling staff will welcome you into your luxurious en-suite safari-style tent nestled in the treeline. A productive waterhole in front of camp will offer you hours of entertainment from our raised platform or plunge pool, while the lounge and dining areas will provide you with shaded relaxation. With space for only for 12 guests in camp, Little Makalolo is a place of well-being and seclusion.
The camp has partnered with the Hwange National Park in jointly combating the effects of poaching along Hwange’s southern boundary, an area beyond our concession. The park is predominately Kalahari sandveld supporting teak and mopane woodlands, dry acacia scrub and is interspersed with saltpans and grasslands. We focus on game drives; however, a well-situated bunker hide provides an idyllic way to spend a lazy afternoon while watching passing wildlife. You will typically see elephant, buffalo, sable, roan, southern giraffe, blue wildebeest, impala and sometimes even gemsbok. Lion, leopard, wild dog and cheetah are regularly sighted. Bird life is prolific with more than 400 species found here.
Fly from the camp back to Victoria Falls Airport. You can extend your stay here for a few days, book an ongoing program to another destination or catch your flight home.
- Scheduled circuit, light aircraft flights between Maun and camp
- Tented accommodation at camp
- All meals while at camp
- Local drinks (excludes premium imported brands and champagne)
- Laundry services
- Services of lodge guides and staff
- Game viewing safaris daily
- Park Fees
- Departure taxes from Victoria Falls and Aviation Infastructure Development Fund, payable locally (cash only)
- Guide and camp staff gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Passport and visa fees, as required
- Items of a personal nature
- Accommodation and sightseeing in Victoria Falls or Livingstone, if required
- Any new government taxes, levies, fuel surcharges or industry increases beyond our control
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.