North Pole – The Ultimate Arctic Adventure
002151 - W20
To reach the North Pole is the pinnacle of Arctic expedition endeavours. Few people can say they stood at the one earthly spot where every direction is south! Imagine the thrill of a powerful icebreaker crushing through multi-year pack ice as it pushes toward 90° North. Or envision yourself aboard a helicopter as it soars over the icy Arctic Ocean. Join us on this exhilarating journey and discover for yourself why the North Pole has, for centuries, stirred the minds and hearts of explorers and adventurers the world-over.
- Stand on the North Pole, the only place on earth where every direction is south
- Watch as the 50 Years of Victory crushes her way through the Arctic ice pack
- Take a helicopter flight for a thrilling aerial view of the ship and expansive Arctic Ocean
- Keep watch for seals and polar bears on the ice
- Stop at Franz Josef Land, so remote it was discovered after Antarctica
June: 15, 26
From US$33,495 – Standard Cabin to US$50,995 – Arktika Suite – Twin basis
2023 Dates & Prices will be available soon. Register with us to receive notification when they’re published.
Mandatory Helsinki Stay & Transportation Package: US$1,995 per person
Prices are starting from prices in US$, per person based on two people sharing a cabin. Single, willing to share and single use cabins are also available and can be quoted, on request.
002151 - W20
Begin your adventure by spending one night in the Finnish capital, Helsinki.
From Helsinki you will fly to Murmansk, Russia to board your expedition ship. Board the 50 Years of Victory to begin your North Pole adventure! Watch in fascination and awe as the ship crushes her way through the ice pack, admire soaring seabirds and visit Franz Josef Land. This voyage will be one that you won’t soon forget!
From Helsinki, your charter flight will take you to Murmansk, Russia, where you’ll embark on your voyage to the North Pole.
Watching Victory crush through the Arctic ice pack is a sight you’ll never forget, made even more memorable by taking a helicopter flight for a thrilling aerial view of the ship and expansive Arctic Ocean.
All the anticipation of the prior days reaches a climax as you reach the North Pole!
Expect more great memories, as you head further south, you may get lucky and spot polar bears hunting for seals.
This part of the Arctic Ocean is so remote that Franz Josef Land was discovered after Antarctica.
Southbound at sea.
Returning to Russia’s most northerly city, it will be time to bid farewell to your ship, 50 Years of Victory. Fly by charter from Murmansk to Helsinki for your final night.
Today ends your amazing North Pole adventure. Make your way to the Helsinki airport for your departure flight.
Should you wish to spend some extra time exploring Helsinki or nearby Tallinn (the capital of Estonia) or St. Petersburg (Russia) please ask us for options.
*Itinerary is subject to change
Imagine the sensation of rising slowly upward in the basket of a hot-air balloon during a much-anticipated visit to the North Pole. Suspended 30 metres (100 feet) high above the icy surface in the safety of a tethered hot-air balloon basket, you’ll enjoy a 360° view of the Arctic landscape below, providing an entirely new perspective at the top of the world!
Hot air ballooning is an accessible activity in one of the most inaccessible parts of the world. No experience is required. Experienced staff will make every effort to make sure you´re not only safe and comfortable but most of all, that you have a wonderful ride.
A recommended gear list will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks on board
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- A selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (for 2018 departures, beer, wine and soft drinks during lunch and dinner)
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- All Zodiac shore landings and activities throughout voyage
- Group helicopter flightseeing as part of daily program
- Guided Arctic hiking
- Polar Plunge - from onshore or from the ship, depending on the optimal location chosen
- Leadership throughout the voyage by experienced Expedition Leaders
- Program of lectures and informal talks
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Expedition Parka
- Waterproof boots for the duration of the cruise
- Luggage handling aboard the ship
- Pre-departure materials and expedition log
- Service taxes and port charges
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person
- Russian invitation letter for visa application provided after final payment
- Mandatory Helsinki Stay & Transportation Package (priced separately)
- Airfare to/from Helsinki
- Extra nights in Helsinki beyond those included in the mandatory transfer package (one pre-cruise, one post-cruise)
- Transfer from airport to hotel in Helsinki on arrival and return
- Helicopter flying time in excess of the included group flight
- Hot air ballooning at the North Pole
- Passport and visa expenses - double-entry Russian visa is required
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance to cover cancellation and interruption, baggage and medical
- Phone and internet charges onboard the ship
- Gratuities for shipboard staff and crew
- Items of a personal nature
IMPORTANT: Russian visas are required for tourists from most countries. This voyage requires double-entry Russian visas. See your country’s Russian consulate or embassy for details.
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.