The Northern Lights, Iceland
200016 - W20
The magic and mystery of the northern lights are legendary. Throughout history they have been revered and associated with supernatural powers. They are one of nature’s finest sights, and during the winter nights may be seen beautifully overhead.
- Northern Lights coach tour, which may be upgraded to a 4X4 tour
- Reykjavik city sightseeing tour
- Visit the multi-tiered “Golden Falls” (Gullfoss) and the geothermal area of Geysir
- Walk in the ancient Viking Parliament area at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stay in a cozy hotel in the middle of a lava field, far from the city lights, for great aurora viewing opportunities
2020 Departures – Daily:
01 January – 30 April
From US$835 – twin
From US$775 – triple
From US$1,145 – single
From US$885 – twin
From US$805 – triple
From US$1,239 – single
Prices are “starting from” rates, shown in US$, per person based on one person in a single room, two people sharing a twin room or three people sharing a triple room. CA$ pricing is also available on request.
200016 - W20
Our special winter tour takes you off to this beautiful north Atlantic country’s vibrant capital, Reykjavik with one very special evening at the Northern Lights Inn at the Blue Lagoon. You will have plenty of time while in Reykjavik to take advantage of its cultural life, or one of many easily accessible activities – super jeeps in the mountains, horseback riding, skiing or simply exploring in your own 4WD vehicle. Iceland, the Aurora Borealis and the Blue Lagoon all add together to make an unforgettable winter vacation.
Arrive early this morning at Keflavik International Airport in Iceland. A Flybus transfer is included to your accommodation in Reykjavik, where you will stay for the next two nights. This evening set off on a Northern Lights tour, in search of the aurora. This tour may be upgraded to a 4X4 tour or to include a lobster dinner in the countryside.
Today is free to explore. Take a city tour of Reykjavik or venture further afield on a Golden Circle tour, a glacier walk or a horseback riding tour. There are many optional activities available from the capital city. This evening indulge with a delicious meal at one of the many restaurants in the city. This evening make your way to the harbour to join the Northern Lights cruise and hunt for the aurora from the water. Should weather conditions not allow the boat to sail a bus tour will be substituted.
Enjoy a leisurely morning, then transfer from Reykjavik to the Blue Lagoon and Northern Lights Inn, located on the Reykjanes Peninsula, in the countryside near the town of Keflavik. Relax at the Blue Lagoon and treat yourself to an optional massage or spa treatment before checking in to the nearby hotel this afternoon. Chances of seeing the Northern Lights are excellent from this location without the city lights detracting from your view of the night sky.
Early this afternoon the hotel shuttle will take you to Keflavik airport in time to do some duty-free shopping before catching your flight back to North America.
- Airport transfer Keflavik to Reykjavik one-way
- 2 nights Reykjavik accommodation with breakfast in category chosen
- Northern Lights evening coach tour
- Northern Lights evening boat tour
- Transfer from Reykjavik accommodation to the Blue Lagoon
- Entrance fee to the Blue Lagoon
- One night Northern Light Inn accommodation with breakfast
- Shuttle to Keflavik airport
- Airfare to/from Iceland
- Upgrade of bus tour to a 4X4 superjeep tour
- Optional Tours not mentioned in Itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
Optional tours (request prices):
- Northern Lights – evening 4X4 tour
- Glacier walk – daytime on south coast
- Reykjavik City Sightseeing – daytime coach tour
- Golden Circle – daytime coach or 4X4 tour
- Horseback riding – daytime
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.