Ultimate Arctic Summer Adventure
With 60,000 Beluga Whales filling the Hudson Bay and polar bears leaving the pack ice, summer is the perfect time to visit Churchill.
- Jet boat tour of the Churchill River Estuary and bay where you’ll see countless Beluga whales
- Watch polar bears in their summer environment on the rocks and swimming in the water
- Thousands of nesting and migrating birds
- Summer Tundra Tour in our Arctic Crawlers™
- Churchill Cultural and Heritage tour
July: 7, 11, 15*, 23
August: 8, 16, 20, 24
*July 15th tour is bilingual English/French
CA$5,280 – twin
CA$6,330 – single
Taxes: Churchill accommodation tax; PST and GST as applicable
Prices are shown in CA$ per person based on two people sharing a twin room and one person in a single room.
Arrive any time today and transfer to your Winnipeg hotel for an overnight. You have the option of making your way to downtown and staying in the city centre or staying near the airport.
Fly north from Winnipeg to the town of Churchill where you’ll stay at the cozy and comfortable Lazy Bear Lodge for the next four nights. A hearty breakfast is included daily at the lodge and it serves as your base for the activity tours over the next few days.
Let our experienced guides take you on a jet boat tour of the Bay and river estuaries where you’ll see countless Beluga Whales. See Polar Bears in their summer environment on the rocks and swimming in the water. Over the course of this five-day adventure, our experienced guides will take you to beautiful wild places that offer the very best opportunities to see Polar Bears, Beluga Whales, Arctic Sik Siks, over 200 nesting or migrating bird species, seals, Arctic Hare, Arctic Fox, and more.
Our guides will take you in the Sam Hearne–a coast guard certified custom-built boat–on an adventure to experience one of the more remote Polar Bear viewing areas on the west side of Hudson Bay. You will have the opportunity to view polar bears in their summer environment, swimming and walking around the rocks and wildflowers. Weather and wildlife permitting, you will disembark the boat and walk with polar bears.
Along the same shoreline, hundreds of Beluga Whales come to feed, mate and give birth in the warm, shallow near-coastal waters. Our Beluga Whale Boat/Fort Tour will focus on viewing the beautiful beluga whales in their natural habitat in the Churchill River and into the Hudson Bay area as they feed on schools of caplin, arctic char and brook trout. We will also go ashore for a walking tour of the historic Prince of Wales Fort. Snorkeling and kayaking with the whales are available as optional extras.
Next, you may hop on a bonus summer Tundra Tour in our Arctic Crawlers™ to view the beautiful landscape. This tour will be on the same vehicles we use for our fall Tundra Tour. Later that evening after a delectable supper, depending on weather and cloud coverage, it may be possible to see the Northern Lights.
The Cultural and Heritage Tour takes you to Churchill and the surrounding area where you will be exploring various historic sites. These include Cape Merry, an outside tour of the polar bear holding facility, the wreckage of the famous plane, “Miss Piggy”, and many other historic sites that make Churchill the town it is today. You may walk around and take pictures or stay on the bus if you prefer.
Today you will transfer to the Churchill airport to catch your southbound flight to Winnipeg. Check in at your airport area hotel for overnight.
Check out of your hotel this morning and make your way to the James Richardson International Airport to catch your flight home or onward to your next destination.
- Two nights of accommodation in Winnipeg (one pre and one post-adventure)
- Round-trip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill
- Shuttle Service from/to airport in Churchill
- All transfers for tours and baggage handling in Churchill
- Four nights at Lazy Bear Lodge in Churchill
- Hearty breakfast each morning
- All meals provided by Lazy Bear Café (vegetarian options available)
- Naturalist Tour Guide
- Hudson Bay Coastal Boat Tour to see Polar Bears and arctic wildlife
- Beluga Whale Boat Tour/Fort Tour to see Beluga whales and walking tour of Fort Prince of Wales
- Dog mushing experience
- Summer Tundra Tour on Arctic Crawlers™
- Parks Canada Indigenous Interpretive Presentation
- Cultural and Heritage (town and area) Tour
- Meals other than indicated
- Tours or transfers other than indicated
- Optional snorkelling, kayaking and helicopter tours
- Gratuities to guides
- Items of a personal nature
- Fuel surcharge (if applicable)
- Snorkelling: Only in Churchill can you go snorkelling with the Beluga Whales. Get up close and personal with these gentle giants under the watchful eye of experienced tour guides. June-September, CA$225 plus taxes per person
- Kayaking: See the Beluga Whales up close and personal on a memorable kayak adventure on the Churchill River. June-September, CA$175 plus taxes per person
- Helicopter Tours: please inquire for tour durations and prices for the dates you are visiting Churchill
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.