Ultimate Arctic Summer Adventure
With 60,000 Beluga Whales filling the Hudson Bay and polar bears leaving the pack ice, summer is the perfect time to visit Churchill. Experience beautiful, wild places with opportunities to see polar bears, beluga whales, seals and a variety of Arctic animals and migrating bird species.
- Hudson Bay Coastal Boat tour in anticipation of viewing Polar Bears in their summer environment
- Jet boat tour of the Churchill River Estuary to see countless Beluga whales
- Hundreds of nesting and migrating birds
- Summer Tundra Tour in our Arctic Crawlers™
- Churchill Cultural and Heritage tour
Arrive into Winnipeg today by late afternoon and transfer to the Inn at the Forks, located in the heart of the city for an overnight.
Fly north from Winnipeg to the town of Churchill where you’ll stay at the cozy and comfortable Lazy Bear Lodge for the next four nights. A hearty breakfast is included daily at the lodge and it serves as your base for the activity tours over the next few days.
Over the course of this five-day adventure, our experienced guides will take you to beautiful wild places that offer the very best opportunities to see Polar Bears, Beluga Whales, Arctic Sik Siks, over 200 nesting or migrating bird species, seals, Arctic Hare, Arctic Fox, and more.
Our guides will take you in the Sam Hearne–a coast guard certified custom-built boat–on an adventure to experience one of the more remote Polar Bear viewing areas on the west side of Hudson Bay. You will have the opportunity to view polar bears in their summer environment, swimming and walking around the rocks and wildflowers. Weather and wildlife permitting, you will disembark the boat and walk with polar bears.
Along the same shoreline, hundreds of Beluga Whales come to feed, mate and give birth in the warm, shallow near-coastal waters. Our Beluga Whale Boat/Fort Tour will focus on viewing the beautiful beluga whales in their natural habitat in the Churchill River and into the Hudson Bay area as they feed on schools of caplin, arctic char and brook trout. We will also go ashore for a walking tour of the historic Prince of Wales Fort. AquaGliding and kayaking with the whales are available as optional extras.
Next, you may hop on a bonus summer Tundra Tour in our Arctic Crawlers™ to view the beautiful landscape. This tour will be on the same vehicles we use for our fall Tundra Tour. Later that evening after a delectable supper, depending on weather and cloud coverage, it may be possible to see the Northern Lights.
The Cultural and Heritage Tour takes you to Churchill and the surrounding area where you will be exploring various historic sites. These include Cape Merry, an outside tour of the polar bear holding facility, the wreckage of the famous plane, “Miss Piggy”, and many other historic sites that make Churchill the town it is today. You may walk around and take pictures or stay on the bus if you prefer.
Today you will transfer to the Churchill airport to catch your southbound flight to Winnipeg. Overnight accommodation is at the centrally located Inn at the Forks or, if you have an early flight tomorrow morning, you may choose to stay at the Hilton Airport Suites.
Check out of your hotel this morning and make your way to the James Richardson International Airport to catch your flight home or onward to your next destination.
- AquaGliding: Glide above the water on a floating mat, for a truly unique, ultimate water adventure and be approached by some of the thousands of friendly and curious Beluga Whales in their natural habitat. from CA$225 plus taxes per person
- Kayaking: See the Beluga Whales up close and personal on a memorable kayak adventure on the Churchill River. June-September, from CA$175 plus taxes per person
- Helicopter Tours: please inquire for tour durations and prices for the dates you are visiting Churchill
- Two nights of accommodation in Winnipeg (one pre and one post-adventure)
- Round-trip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill
- Shuttle Service from/to airport in Churchill
- All transfers for tours and baggage handling in Churchill
- Four nights at Lazy Bear Lodge in Churchill
- Hearty breakfast buffet at hotel each morning
- One dinner entree at Lazy Bear Cafe (vegetarian option available)
- Naturalist Tour Guide
- Hudson Bay Coastal Boat Tour to see Polar Bears and arctic wildlife (6-8 hours)
- Beluga Whale Boat Tour/Fort Tour to see Beluga whales and walking tour of Fort Prince of Wales (approx. 3 hours)
- Cultural and Heritage (town and area) Tour including Cape Merry and exterior of the Polar Bear Jail (2-3 hours)
- Summer Tundra Tour on Arctic Crawlers™ (approx. 3 hours)
- Parks Canada Indigenous Interpretive Presentation
- Meals other than indicated
- Tours or transfers other than indicated
- Optional Aqua Gliding, kayaking and helicopter tours
- Gratuities to guides
- Items of a personal nature
- Fuel surcharge (if applicable)
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.