Ultimate Polar Bear Adventure 2020
002534 - W20
Prepare to be wowed! This 4 day/3 night tour gives you two full days out on the Tundra searching for polar bears along the coastline of Hudson Bay in a designated touring-permit zone of the Wildlife Management Area. Keep an eye out for Arctic Fox, Arctic Hare and Ptarmigan. You’ll also have an exciting Dog Mushing Experience!
- Explore the Hudson Bay coastline in a tundra vehicle
- Learn about the culture and history of Churchill
- Experience an evening dog mushing ride
- Relax in a cozy wood-fire heated log lodge
- See the arctic wildlife in their natural habitat
October: 26, 31
From CA$4,863 – twin
From CA$5,613 – single
Taxes: Churchill accommodation tax; 8% PST; 5% GST. Applicable taxes will be calculated at the time of your reservation or quotation.
Prices are “starting from” rates, shown in CA$, per person based on two people sharing a twin room or one person in a single room. Age restriction: This expedition is limited to children aged 8 and up.
002534 - W20
This morning, make your way to the Winnipeg airport for your departure to Churchill (extra cost). Upon arrival, you will be met by your guide and transferred to Lazy Bear Lodge, your home for three nights. Meals: (B)
Note: your tour program includes one dinner at the Lazy Bear Cafe on any night of your choice while in Churchill.
During your time in Churchill you will be escorted on a guided cultural and heritage tour of the town of Churchill. You will visit the Inuit Museum, the Parks Canada Visitor Centre, Miss Piggy, and many of the town’s beautiful artwork on the buildings. You’ll also experience dog mushing. This approximate 1-2 mile dog mushing ride will be on sleds if there is snow and on wheels if there is none. You will learn how the dogs are trained, plus hear many entertaining stories while tasting fresh bannock and local berry jam.
The main attraction will be the arctic adventures on the Arctic Crawler as you explore the Wildlife Management Area in search for polar bears, arctic foxes, arctic hare and many other animals that call this area home. Meals: (B, L)
After breakfast you will check-out of your hotel room and enjoy a Parks Canada Indigenous Interpretive Presentation before you head back out onto the tundra. A second day aboard the Arctic Crawler to explore the Wildlife Management Area in search for polar bears, arctic foxes, arctic hare and many other animals that call this area home. After your day out on the tundra you will be transferred to the Churchill airport for your departure back to Winnipeg (extra cost). Meals: (B)
We can Winnipeg hotel nights and airfare Winnipeg-Churchill return onto the above program to create a 6 day/5 night tour.
Day 1: Arrive Winnipeg and overnight
Arrive in Winnipeg on your own schedule. We can arrange for a car rental for you, so you can explore the city – visit the award-winning Assiniboine Park Zoo and the Journey to Churchill exhibition; the Manitoba Museum, with Hudson Boy Company exhibit; the beautiful Legislative Building with the Golden Boy perched on top; the Canadian Museum of Human Rights and the bustling Forks Market. Overnight in Winnipeg (extra cost). Meals: (none)
Days 2-5: 4 day/3 night program in Churchill, as above
Day 6: Depart Winnipeg
Check out of your Winnipeg hotel after breakfast. You can depart at any time today or ask us to arrange an extension to enjoy what the city has to offer. Meals: (B)
2020 Departure Dates:
October: 25, 30
Special airfares to Churchill and hotel rates in Winnipeg are available for this tour promotion – please ask us for details!
This express land tour is a shortened version of the 4 day/3 night program and excludes the hotel nights in Winnipeg and the airfare from Winnipeg to Churchill, return. If you need hotels in Winnipeg we can arrange those for you as well as offer specially discounted airfare.
What should I pack for the trip?
- Long underwear, snug but comfortable fitting outerwear and a fleece jacket or sweater. Outer clothing should consist of a windproof material with an attached hood and a warm hat.
- Ski or wind pant to help keep your torso and lower body warm. A jacket alone will not do this.
- Gloves with ample insulation and preferable an upper extension to cover your wrists (like ski gloves).
- Warm boots with thick insulation and good grip, like Sorel and Kamik, are a must!
- Spare batteries for each camera type you bring.
- Charging cords for laptops, cell phones and tables – a portable charger pack is also a great thing to have.
- Small carry-on with your absolute necessities in case your luggage is delayed arriving to Churchill. Remember, never pack medication or valuables in your checked luggage
- Airport shuttle service in Churchill on arrival and departure
- Luggage handling in Churchill
- Three nights of accommodation in Churchill at Lazy Bear Lodge
- Breakfast after each night stay
- One dinner per person at (or provided by) Lazy Bear Café
- Cultural and Heritage Tour
- Two tundra tours in the Churchill Wildlife Management Area (lunch included)
- Dog mushing excursion
- Guide services in Churchill
- Flights to Winnipeg from your home city and return
- Two nights of accommodation in Winnipeg, one pre-tour and one post tour
- Round-trip flights from Winnipeg to Churchill
- Churchill accommodation tax, Provincial sales tax (PST) and General Sales Tax (GST)
- Meals other than indicated
- Gratuities to guides
- Tours or transfers other than indicated
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.