809231 - W20
Manitoba’s vibrant capital city, Winnipeg is home to a world-class arts, culture, culinary and sports scene, all unfolding against a breathtaking prairie backdrop. Its celebrated multi-cultural makeup is honoured each August during the lively Folklorama festival. Come visit and get to know us for yourself!
- Visit the Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- Manitoba Museum, home to a Hudson Bay Company exhibit and a replica of the sailing ship, the Nonsuch
- Winnipeg Art Gallery’s collection of Inuit art
- Winnipeg Zoo, feature Journey to Churchill polar bear exhibit
- Take in a play at the Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre, Prairie Theatre Exchange or the Warehouse Theatre; the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra or Royal Winnipeg Ballet at the Centennial Concert Hall; a music or comedy performance at Pantages or Burton Cummings Theatre; a hockey game at Bell MTS Place in fall/winter/spring or football at Investors Group Field in summer/fall
Daily, on customized basis
From CA$355 – twin
From CA$679 – single
From CA$269 – triple
Taxes: 8% PST / 5% GST
Prices are “starting from” rates, shown in CA$ per person, based on two people sharing a twin room, one person in a single room and three people in a triple room.
809231 - W20
This short, self-guided program can be done as a stand alone visit or as an add-on program to any of our tours with Winnipeg departures. It is self-guided, and time spent in the city will offer participants a richer understanding of the northern tours that we offer.
A discounted breakfast plan can be added to your hotel accommodation at the time of making your reservation (pre-paid) or when you check-in (payable locally).
Arrive in Winnipeg and transfer to your downtown hotel, your home for the next two nights.
Walk the short distance to the Forks, a National Historic Site. Stroll the river promenade and take in the panoramic views from the Market Tower. Visit the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. Walk along Broadway to the Manitoba Legislative Building and take a tour (the building is full of secret symbols and codes). The choice is yours!
This evening, enjoy dinner at one of our fabulous restaurants. The Keg’s original location is on Garry Street, just north of Broadway, and is a popular downtown eatery.
This morning, you might want to head to the Manitoba Museum, home to a comprehensive collection of northern artifacts and the extensive Hudson Bay Company archives. For those travelling north from Winnipeg to Churchill, Nunavut or Northwest Territories, time spent in the museum will add immeasurably to your experience. In the afternoon, there will be time to visit the Winnipeg Art Gallery, and its superb collection of Inuit Art. The evening is again free, but depending on the date of your visit, there may be an opportunity to attend a play at one of the theatres, a ballet or symphony at the concert hall, a concert or sporting event at the Bell MTS Place, a Goldeyes baseball game or a Bomber’s football game. Ask us for details on “What’s On in Winnipeg” during your visit.
Check out of your hotel this morning. A private transfer is included to the airport for your flight home or north to begin your Arctic experience.
- Private transfer from Winnipeg International Airport to your downtown hotel and return
- Two nights accommodation in downtown Winnipeg (Hotel Fort Garry or similar)
- 5% Manitoba Hotel Tax on two nights of hotel accommodation
- Documents package
- Sightseeing passes and entry fees
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Taxes: 8% PST, 5% GST
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.