Mystical Myvatn Northern Lights
809006 - W20
Lake Myvatn, in Iceland’s far northeast, is truly one of nature’s wonders and one of the best areas in Iceland to view the Aurora Borealis, also known as the Northern Lights. The dark skies far away from light pollution make a perfect canvas.
- Explore Europe’s northernmost, vibrant capital city, Reykjavik
- Stay at Lake Myvatn, one of the best areas of Iceland for Northern Lights viewing
- Enjoy the comforts of the on-site Northern Lights Shelter
- Visit Godafoss waterfall
- Tour the charming city of Akureyri, known as the “capital of the north”
2020 Winter Departures:
Daily, January 01 – April 30
From US$1,320 – moderate, twin
From US$1,559 – moderate, single
From US$1,3595 – superior, twin
From US$1,689 – superior, single
Prices are “starting from” rates, shown in US$, per person based on two people sharing a twin room or one person in a single room. There is a choice of moderate or superior hotels in Reykjavik, while only moderate accommodation is used at Lake Myvatn. CA$ prices are available on request.
809006 - W20
Arrive at Keflavik International Airport and transfer to downtown Reykjavik. Reykjavik is an ideal city for a stylish Scandinavian getaway. The numerous art galleries and museums, as well as superb restaurants and cafés, all part of the city’s unique culture and cuisine. There are abundant choices of optional tours available and it is easy to visit some of the well-known natural attraction in the country’s south and west, such as the Golden Circle, glaciers, volcanoes, waterfalls and more. Overnight in Reykjavik.
This morning you will make your own way to the Reykjavik City Airport to catch your flight northeast to Akureyri. There is a choice of using the bus or a taxi. You will be picked up from the airport on arrival in Akureyri and transferred to your accommodation at Lake Myvatn, with an en route stop at the spectacular Godafoss waterfall. In the afternoon you will have a tour of the area, renowned for its beauty and geological wonders. The Northern Lights might dance around tonight, so be sure to go outside, take a walk and check the night sky. You have use of the Northern Lights Shelter to warm up in.
A free day to enjoy an optional excursion, perhaps visiting the Myvatn Nature Baths during the day or evening, for a relaxing soak in the geothermal waters. Or simply soak in the unique aura of Lake Myvatn. The choice is yours. A second evening to look for the Aurora to make an appearance.
The morning is free before your afternoon transfer takes you to Akureyri for a short tour of this trade and cultural centre, beautifully resting in a scenic fjord. Fly back to Reykjavik where you will overnight. Take the opportunity this evening to enjoy one of the city’s fine restaurants and take in the sheer energy that is Reykjavik.
Transfer to the airport with an en route stop at the Blue Lagoon*, with admission to the bathing area.
*The Blue Lagoon visit can also be done on your day of arrival depending on your flight times.
- Airport transfer from Keflavik to Reykjavik
- Two nights of accommodation in Reykjavik in category chosen
- Round-trip airfare between Reykjavik and Akueryri
- Round-trip transfers between Akureyri airport and Lake Myvatn
- Two nights of accommodation at Lake Myvatn
- Free entry to the Northern Light Shelter (on-site)
- 1 guided sightseeing tour around Lake Myvatn
- Short sightseeing tour of Akureyri
- Transfer from Reykjavik to the Blue Lagoon and entrance fee, on the day of departure or on arrival
- Breakfast daily at hotels
- Flights to/from Iceland
- Optional tours not listed as included
- Gratuities to hotel staff and guides
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
Want to spend longer in Mystical Myvatn? We can extend your stay in this fascinating area, giving you even more opportunity to see the Northern Lights. We can quote you on tours of 4 days/3 nights or 5 days/4 nights. Additional nights in Reykjavik and day tours are also available for add-on. The choice is yours!
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.