Great Canadian Travel is proud to offer travel insurance options from TIPS and Manulife.
TIPS is underwritten by Old Republic Canada, which was established as an association in 1887. The company has a long-standing history of providing reliable customer service when it is most needed.
Click on the link below to get quotations on travel insurance coverage from TIPS Travel Insurance and purchase your preferred travel insurance policy!
is Canada’s largest insurance company. Although its products are available in the mainstream market, our agency can provide additional coverage not accessible to the general public. Manulife plans are issued by our in-office consultants and are not available through an online booking platform. Call or email us for a quotation on Manulife coverage.
Being licensed with both TIPS and Manulife allows our experts to compare price and coverage to find the absolute best fit for each individual client. The lowest price isn’t always the best value, especially when covering travel plans. Trust us to ensure your travel investment is covered!
Why Buy Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance can provide you coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation and interruption, baggage damage or loss, and much more.
We understand that your vacation can take years to save for, but only seconds to ruin. While you can’t do anything to prevent the unexpected from happening, you can do something to help cover your travel investment – buy travel insurance.
There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to have to cancel your trip; to return home early; to necessitate seeking emergency medical treatment while traveling. Maybe you or someone in your travel party are hospitalized at destination, necessitating changing flights home, extending hotel reservations, paying for extra meals, phone calls home and many other expenses for those travelling together. What if you have to be airlifted out of a remote destination or moved to a different medical facility?
To demonstrate the importance of purchasing travel insurance, and emergency travel services, here are 10 common examples of what could go wrong:
- Your flight was delayed leaving Winnipeg, and you’ve missed your connection to Florida for a cruise. How will you catch up with the ship?
- The nanny caring for your children at home suddenly becomes ill, and you and your spouse must return immediately. How are flight expenses covered?
- You check in to your hotel in Barcelona, only to find your passport missing. Who will pay for its replacement?
- You’re involved in a car accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help arrange and pay for an evacuation?
- Your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip. What happens to your non-refundable deposits or prepaid arrangements?
- You arrive in Jamaica and your luggage doesn’t. What happens next?
- Your tour operator goes bankrupt a week before you travel, and you paid cash for the trip. How will you be reimbursed?
- You’re walking down a street in a small Italian village and twist your ankle. Who can communicate on your behalf to ensure you receive proper medical care?
- Two weeks before your scheduled arrival, a terrorist incident occurs and a travel warning is issued for the country you plan to visit. Who will pay for cancellation of your trip?
- Your daughter’s university exams are changed and now interfere with the family’s vacation. Who will cover the cost of changing your dates so everyone can travel together?
Call or email us today for a quotation or further information. Or use our convenient TIPS online booking tool 24/7 to cover your travel investment!