Caribbean Colombia Express
002506 - W17
The nature of Colombia and the Caribbean is like nowhere else on earth. On this tour, you’ll get the best of beach relaxation and wilderness exploration. Get back to nature in the jungle town of Minca – it’s the great outdoors with a relaxing Caribbean twist.
- Hike through lush jungle
- Meet the locals and learn about coffee in Minca
- Indulge in fresh seafood and Colombian specialties
- Explore the colonial city of Cartagena
- Take in the beauty of Tayrona National Park
Group size: Max. 16
Call for dates and pricing
002506 - W17
Arrive at any time today. Explore Cartagena on your own or just relax before your adventure begins.
Enjoy a guided city tour, visiting the colonial walled city and fortress which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy free time to take in the Caribbean vibe of the city and beach.
Today you will travel to the small town of Minca. Here you will have time to explore and breathe in the fresh mountain air.
Journey into the hills around Minca and hike to a beautiful waterfall. Take a tour of a coffee farm, learn about chocolate preparation and indulge in a local lunch. Continue to Taganga, a perfect base for exploring nearby Tayrona National Park.
Enjoy a free morning to explore Taganga. After lunch, drive to Tayrona National Park and settle into the lodge. Relax in the evening and go to the beach or take a walk around the lodge.
Head into Tayronal National Park for a moderate hike with a local guide. This is a perfect opportunity to experience nature and learn a little more about the rich, natural diversity of northern Colombia. You’ll be staying in a lodge close to the park.
Return to Santa Marta for an optional evening out on the town.
Feel free to depart at any time through out the day. Or ask us about extending your stay for another day or two.
Explore the Gold Museum Santa Marta, free admission. This colonial mansion houses indigenous artifacts from the Tayrona area including an impressive gold collection.
For a fee, visit Simon Bolivar’s final resting place, la Quinta. This is the estate where the famous libertador spent his final days. The former rum plantation now includes a restored house, museum, library, and extensive gardens perfect for exploring.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Accommodation for seven nights
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- City Tour in Cartagena
- Hike to Pozo Azul (2 hrs.)
- Tayrona National Park hike with local guide (excluding February departures)
- Flight to Cartagena/transportation from Santa Marta
- Optional tours not included in activities
- Meals not included in itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Passport and visa fees, vaccinations as required
- Items of a personal nature
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.