Churchill Polar Bear Daytripper
Really short on time? Pop up to Churchill for the day to check on the famous ice bears, kings of the Arctic, out on the tundra!
- Spend a full day travelling north to Churchill
- Get out on the tundra and look for polar bears
- Spot other arctic wildlife such as foxes, hare and Snowy Owls
- Have lunch on the tundra vehicle, giving you the maximum time to spot bears
- Bring home a day full of memories to last a lifetime
5:30 am – You meet at the Shell/Kivalliq Air Charter Terminal at 50 Morberg Way just off the corner of Ferry Road and Ellice Ave – behind Perimeter Aviation.
6:15 am – You depart the Charter terminal on an ATR 42 – 300 aircraft for Churchill. You will receive a breakfast on board.
8:45 am – You arrive in Churchill! Upon arrival you will be transferred directly to the launch site where you will board your Tundra Buggy for the day. This is a very unique vehicle, well heated, and washroom equipped. The Buggy’s over inflated tires allow unparalleled access onto the tundra. Conservation regulations restrict the routes these vehicles can follow in order to protect the fragile ecosystem of this sub-arctic region. The knowledgeable Tundra Buggy driver, interpreter will make every effort to ensure you have the most favorable conditions to photograph the bears. A platform on the rear of the buggy allows passengers to get an unrestricted view of the bears. A hearty box lunch, prepared locally, will be served on board.
5:00pm – You return to Churchill for dinner at the Seaport Restaurant. There will also be time to shop for some Inuit soapstone carvings or other local souvenirs.
8:30 pm – Your flight departs for Winnipeg,
10:45 pm – You arrive at the Charter Terminal in Winnipeg.
Transfers day of tour: If you are staying at the Hampton by Hilton Winnipeg Airport Hotel a representative will meet you in the lobby at 5:45am and transfer you to the Charter Terminal. Arrangements have been made for your return transfer when you arrive back into Winnipeg in the evening.
If you are not staying at the Hampton, please meet at the Charter Terminal (50 Morberg Way) for 6:00am. Taxis will be able to take you to your hotel or home by calling one when you arrive. If you are driving yourself to the Charter Terminal and leaving your car there for the day, you are allowed to park in a parking stalls labelled Employee Parking – just don’t park in the Pilot Spots.
Hampton by Hilton Winnipeg Airport Hotel – add on a stay either pre or post tour for $115 plus taxes per night. Airport transfer included in this rate.
- Tundra Buggies will be sanitized prior to passenger’s arrival
- High touch points and Tundra Buggy Bathrooms will be sanitized at regular intervals
- Passengers will be required to wear a mask while on board the Tundra Buggy (we will provide masks to passengers without)
- Boarding at the Tundra Buggy dock will be done by one group at a time to avoid contact between groups.
- Individually packed meals
- Return private Calm Air charter flight from Winnipeg to Churchill
- Breakfast on board the flight
- Churchill transfers
- Full day Tundra Buggy© tour
- Lunch on board the Tundra Buggy©
- Dinner in Churchill
- Tour escort throughout
- Time for souvenir shopping and exploring
- Airfare to/from Winnipeg (if required)
- Winnipeg hotel nights pre/post tour
- Winnipeg airport transfers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of a personal nature
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.