Haida Gwaii Cruise
On this intimate, small-group cruise you will explore this archipelago of islands off Canada’s west coast, previously known as the Queen Charlotte Islands. Explore the rich marine life and rain forests as well as the Haida culture. Includes Gwaii Haanas and UNESCO World Heritage Site SGang Gwaay.
- Intimate, small group cruise
- Cruise into Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve and Haida Heritage Site
- Visit ancient village sites and witness the remains of big houses and memorial poles
- Hear stories of Haida Guardian Watchmen
- Experience humpback whales in their feeding grounds
Group Size: max. 24
May: 07, 14, 21, 28
June: 05, 13, 20, 27
From CA$9,048 – twin, Category 1
Sustainability fee: CA$200 per person
Taxes: 5% GST
Prices are “starting from” rates, shown in CA$, per person based on two people sharing a twin cabin. Single cabin price is 1.5X the above twin prices. As availability on travel programs changes frequently, please contact us for the most up to date availability on the trip you are interested in.
Meet at Vancouver airport for flight to Haida Gwaii. Tour kickoff, land-based tour of Graham Island. Welcome dinner and lodge accommodation.
Tlell, Skidegate, Haida Heritage Centre at Kaay Llnagaay, board ship, orientation, cruising into the southern half of the Haida Gwaii tour – Gwaii Haanas, whale watching, island anchorage and explore ashore.
Vessel information: Cascadia (Catamaran) The 138-foot catamaran Cascadia is a go-anywhere, expedition style catamaran. She accommodates up to 24 guests in 12 luxurious cabins, with a crew of 10. She is unlike any other vessel offering expeditions on the BC coast, having been built specifically for high-quality, boutique cruises. Light, spacious and comfortable, she is also capable of reaching the wildest, most naturally rich places on the coast. Her small size and guest numbers provide an authentic, human-scale experience that respects the carrying capacity of coastal inlets and communities.
Head south to Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve, National Marine Conservation Area Reserve and Haida Heritage Site. T’aanuu village site, Burnaby Narrows for some of the planet’s densest intertidal life, kayaking, cruising.
Seabird viewing, UNESCO World Heritage Site visit, SGang Gwaay (Ninstints), offshore islets, Rose Harbour visit (remote community, pop. 4).
Cruising, rainforest walk, possible bears.
Sailing Juan Perez Sound, whale watching, visit seabird researchers at seabird colony.
Windy Bay cultural heritage site, whale watching, K’uuna (Skedans) village site.
Cruising to Moresby Camp in Cumshewa Inlet and transfer to Sandspit airport for your departing flight.
Itinerary: as with all expedition cruises, the itinerary may change based on weather, wildlife activity, and interests of the guests. This itinerary is to give you a general idea of the trip only and may not be the exact route your cruise will take.
9 day/8 night Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands) programs on the ship the Maple Leaf are offered in June and early July, 2020, with a slightly different itinerary than shown. Prices start at CA$6,690 per person, based on two people sharing a twin cabin. Please ask us for details on these alternate sailings.
- Luxurious cabin accommodation onboard the 138-foot catamaran Cascadia
- All meals and snacks prepared freshly for you by a chef, highlighting local, fresh specialities
- All beverages – coffee, tea, juice, soda, filtered water, craft beer and wine
- Shore trips, wildlife viewing and zodiac excursions guided by expert, knowledgeable crew/guides
- Cultural site visits, with local guides
- Services of a naturalist and crew aboard the ship and ashore
- Open bridge for visits with 180-degree views
- Use of gear on board including kayaks, fishing gear and rubber boots
- Pre-departure materials
- Low passenger to staff ratio, 24 guests/10 crew
- Airfare to/from embarkation and disembarkation points
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Pre/post nights as required
- Transfers to/from the ship
- $100 sustainability fee
- 5% GST
Airfare: Please don’t book your flights until we have confirmed your cruise. We can arrange your airfare for you or provide you with the dates and flights needed to allow you to book your own flights.
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.