Kalahari Plains Camp, Botswana
The Kalahari conservation area is the largest in Botswana and one of the largest in the world, yet only has two permanent camps. Its star attraction is the legendary Kalahari black-maned lion, but also offers some of the world’s best cheetah viewing.
- Remote camp yet easily accessed by circuit light aircraft flight
- Stay in a tented room and enjoy delicious meals daily
- Swim in the pool with the beautiful skies above or sit and have a quiet drink surrounded by endless horizons
- Game viewing safaris in this outstanding reserve, home to the black-maned lion and cheetahs
- Gain knowledge from the local Basarwa (Bushmen) about their culture
Group Size: Minimum 2 / Maximum 10
US$tba – twin
Prices are shown in US$, per person based on two people sharing a twin room. Pricing for one person in a single room is available on request. The actual price for your tour may vary from the starting prices shown depending on your date of travel and availability of accommodation.
These special rates provide unmatched value for money with promotional camp rates and scheduled, circuit flights from Maun airport to camp and return.
Fly from Maun Airport by scheduled, light aircraft to Kalahari Plains Camp where you will stay for two nights in a tented room. Kalahari Plains Camp in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve overlooks an immense pan with endless horizons and beautiful skies. This eco-friendly camp is beautifully placed to take advantage of the famed, outstanding wildlife of this reserve. Settle into one of the eight en-suite canvas units with a unique rooftop sleep-out, built to take in the sweeping views. The camp’s staff will host you in the dining and lounge area or will provide you with a refreshing drink on the viewing deck or while you’re taking a dip in the plunge pool. Home to the legendary Kalahari black-maned lion, you can anticipate a magical stay in this enormous game-rich area.
Wilderness Safari has actively engaged the local Basarwa (Bushman) people, integrating them into the potentially, mutually beneficial ecotourism industry. The camp is 100% solar powered. The concession is characterised by open grassy plains, seasonal pans, wooded acacia islands, scrub-covered dunes and fossil riverbeds. Game drives will unlock the wildlife treasures found here, while San (bushman) experiences provide insight into the unique culture of the local people. Check out Margot’s blog under Our Staff Blogs to read about her experience with the San bushmen.
During the wet and the dry season, wildlife varies. Invariably you will come across a vast array of plains game followed by their predators – lion, leopard, cheetah and brown hyena. Some 220 bird species have been recorded in the area.
Depart camp at around noon and fly by scheduled circuit, light aircraft from the camp back to Maun Airport and join the Botswana Spectacular tour. The seven-day Botswana Spectacular tour departs early afternoon, making for an easy connection without much waiting between flights.
- Scheduled circuit, light aircraft flights between Maun and camp
- 2 nights of tented accommodation at camp
- All meals while at camp
- Local drinks (excludes premium imported brands and champagne)
- Laundry services
- Services of lodge guides and staff
- Game viewing safaris daily
- Park Fees
- Flight to Maun on arrival day
- Guide and camp staff gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Passport and visa fees, as required
- Items of a personal nature
- Accommodaiton and sightseeing in Maun, pre-tour, if required
- Any new government taxes, levies, fuel surcharges or industry increases beyond our control
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.