Loch Ness, Inverness & the Highlands
002334 - W20
A two-day escape exploring the majesty of Loch Ness, the Caledonian pine forest and the stunning scenery of the Cairngorms National Park.
- Clamber through the curves and culture of the Cairngorms National Park
- Discover Inverness, “the Capital of the Highlands”
- Visit quaint villages and historic castles
- Try to spot the Loch Ness Monster
- Survey the famous mountains and valleys of Glencoe
Group Size: 16
002334 - W20
You leave Edinburgh and head north across the River Forth towards the Highlands. You make a short stop in one of the quintessential Scottish towns bordering the highland fault line, before crossing into the Cairngorms National Park. There are numerous options on route including a famous whisky distillery, stunning caledonian forest walks, ancient standing stones, world-changing battlefields, and beautiful lochs. What you do today will be decided by your group and the ever- changing Scottish climate. Ample time for lunch will be given en route. You then continue north and arrive in Inverness, where you’re dropped off at your accommodation. The evening is free for you to explore the capital of the Highlands.
Note: Glasgow departures may also be available for this tour or similar tours. Please request these options.
After a leisurely breakfast you’re picked up from your accommodation and taken into the surrounding countryside. You travel to Loch Ness where you have the chance to take a boat trip along the loch or stay on shore and visit the impressive ruins of Urquhart castle overlooking the loch. Our journey continues south through the Great Glen past Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in UK and Fort William. You stop for lunch along the way before arriving in Glencoe. The return journey continues over the wild and remote Rannoch Moor and into the lowland scenery around Stirling, before finally reaching our starting point of Edinburgh.
- Two-day tour in air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced and knowledgeable driver/guide
- Accommodation in category chosen
- Airfare to/from Edinburgh
- Accommodation pre and post tour in Edinburgh
- Meals unless specified
- Entry fees to visitor attractions
- Items of a personal nature
- Gratuities to the driver/guide
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.