Manitoba’s Big Five Safari
002511 - W20
Manitoba’s Big Five Safari is a nod to the incredible array of mega-fauna that populate the forests, tundra and rivers of this beautiful province. Experience the spectacular wildlife of Manitoba with an adventure from the dense forests of Riding Mountain National Park to the colourful tundra of Churchill.
- Riding Mountain National Park
- Parks Canada Bison Enclosure
- Wildlife safaris in the park to look for deer, moose and black bears
- Sub-arctic frontier town of Churchill
- Tundra Buggy adventure
002511 - W20
Arrive any time today to Winnipeg and check into the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel at the Winnipeg airport. Join the evening meet & greet hosted by your tour guide at the hotel.
Our journey begins in Winnipeg, the geographic center of North America. We travel over-land to Riding Mountain National Park where the bold boreal forest, expanses of meadows and lakes, lofty heights and deep gorges of the Manitoba Escarpment are home to moose, black bears, and a captive bison herd and more.
From there our adventure takes us to Churchill where the boreal forest gives way to the rugged and barren tundra and where we will set out in search of mighty polar bear and beluga whales.
Morning bus transfer to Riding Mountain National Park. An introductory tour of the park will be given and an evening wildlife safari takes place after dinner. Accommodation is at the Honeycomb Bed & Breakfast for two nights.
This morning we’ll go on a wildlife drive and enjoy an Interpretive bison enclosure presentation by Parks Canada. In the afternoon a guided tour of the Parks Canada Visitor Centre followed by the balance of the day free to explore the town of Wasagaming.
We’ll head out on an early morning wildlife drive before breakfast. After check-out the bus returns us to Winnipeg where we spend the evening at Four Points by Sheraton Hotel.
An early morning flight to Churchill today. On arrival we’ll transfer to our accommodation in the main area of the town before heading out for a Churchill Town & Area Tour, visits to the Eskimo Museum and Parks Canada Visitor Centre. The day is capped off by a Beluga Whale & Prince of Wales Fort boat tour.
A fun day today as you’ll go on a Beluga Zodiac Tour and a Dog Cart excursion, where you get to meet the sled dogs.
A Tundra Buggy™ Adventure today, to enjoy the expanse of tundra and hopefully spot some wildlife and birds. Lunch is served right on the Tundra Buggy™. We’ll return to town in time for dinner and our evening flight to Winnipeg. Check into Four Points by Sheraton Hotel for your final night on the tour.
You may depart Winnipeg at your leisure today or choose to add on some days to explore Manitoba’s capital city. We would be happy to quote you to extend your stay and recommend some local sightseeing options.
- 3 nights of accommodation in Winnipeg
- Coach tour to Riding Mountain National Park
- Wildlife tours in Riding Mountain National Park
- Interpretive tour of the Parks Canada Bison Enclosure
- Guided tour of the Parks Canada Visitor Centre, Wasagaming
- 2 nights of accommodation in the town of Wasagaming, located within the park
- Airfare Winnipeg-Churchill and return
- 2 nights of accommodation in Churchill
- All transfers in Churchill
- 1 full day Tundra Buggy® excursion
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner Days 2-7
- Pre-departure information package
- Airfare from home city to/from Winnipeg
- Optional tours and entrance fees
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Meals on Day 1 and 8
- Alcoholic beverages
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.