Rail Journey Through the Clouds
002121 - R14
Travel through scenic valleys, along the mighty Fraser River, through Hell’s Gate, and past the magnificent Pyramid Falls. This route, only accessible by train, also features the majestic Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies. Start in Vancouver or Jasper for this one-way rail tour.
- Rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon
- Explore the lakeside city of Kamloops in the Okanogan Valley
- banks of the North Thompson River through the Monashee and Cariboo Mountains,
- Continental Divide and Yellowhead Pass
- Mount Robson, at 3,954 metres (12,972 feet) the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies
April to September
Please inquire for current availability and prices.
002121 - R14
Board your train at the Vancouver Station at 7:30am local time. Travel from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia’s interior. On today’s journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC Interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Breakfast & lunch included onboard. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer travels along the shores of Kamloops Lake into Kamloops between 6:00pm and 7:30pm. Spend the evening exploring the city of Kamloops or relaxing in your hotel room. All hotels in Kamloops are of moderate standard and your hotel will be assigned once your train journey has been confirmed.
Your journey continues north and east to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. Once again you will be surrounded by dramatic scenery as you follow the banks of the North Thompson River through the Monashee and Cariboo Mountains, climbing ever nearer to the high peaks of the Continental Divide. Today’s highlights include Mount Robson, at 3,954 metres (12,972 feet) the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, Pyramid Falls, and the climb over the Yellowhead Pass into Jasper National Park. Your rail journey ends this evening on arrival in the resort town of Jasper. Overnight in Jasper.
Unwind in a classic rail experience in custom-designed, single-level dome cars with roomy, reclining seats. Don’t miss a minute of action through the oversized, domed windows and from the outdoor, viewing platform located between coaches. Enjoy a selection of delicious hot entrées, plated to your preference and served in the comfort of your seat. Relax with on-board complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and gourmet snacks. Two hosts plus a culinary team and full commentary will ensure your experience has a silver lining! The hotel accommodation with SilverLeaf Service is in comfortable hotels with restaurants on the property or within walking distance.
Sit back, relax and soak in the unparalleled panoramic views from our custom-designed bi-level GoldLeaf Dome Coach. The GoldLeaf coaches feature full domed windows with panoramic views upstairs and a private dining room on the lower level with large picture windows. There is also a large, exclusive open-air vestibule for added viewing and photography opportunities. Indulge in delectable gourmet à la carte meals served in the dining room. Relax with on-board complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and gourmet snacks. Three to four hosts plus a full culinary team and full commentary will ensure you have a golden experience from beginning to end! The hotel accommodation with GoldLeaf Service is in luxurious hotels with premium room category and restaurants on property except in Kamloops and Quesnel where all accommodation is charming but of moderate standard and cannot be upgraded.
- Vancouver extension; add on a hotel night or two for time to explore this amazing city hotel
- Jasper extension: add on a hotel stay in this beautiful, mountain town
- Sightseeing tours; add on an optional sightseeing tour (touring options will be provided for your tour dates at the time of your reservation)
- Dining; opportunity to add a meal plan at your hotel
- Cruising; add on a cruise before or after your rail journey
- Airport transfers; arrive at your hotel in style with a private pick-up from the airport
- 1 night of hotel accommodation in Kamloops
- Rail station baggage handling in Kamloops
- 2 days on-board the spectacular Rocky Mountaineer in the Service Level of your choice
- 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches
- Airfare from your home city to Vancouver/from Edmonton or vice versa
- Transfer to/from train station in Vancouver
- Transfer Jasper to Edmonton or vice versa
- Fuel surcharges, if applicable
- Meals other than indicated
- Hotel nights in Vancouver and Jasper
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Passport and visa fees, vaccinations as required
- Applicable HST/GST
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.