Reykjavik – A Capital Time!
Reykjavik, Iceland’s capital city marches to the beat of its own drum! It has a charm and beauty all its own, with Scandinavian culture, cutting edge design, a top-notch culinary scene and vibrant nightlife. Visit this capital city for a quick get-away or as a stopover on your way to or from the UK, Scandinavia or Europe!
- Explore Europe’s northernmost capital city
- Tour the city on a guided small-group bus tour
- Visit the site of the Ancient Viking Parliament at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the multi-tiered Gullfoss or “Golden Falls” and the geothermal area of Geysir
- Add-on one of the many great activity tours available – there’s sure to be one to suit your interests
Group Size: Minimum 2
With very competitive airfares and daily flights from many cities in the US and Canada, Iceland is easier than ever to get to whether as your end destination or as a short en-route stop.
The order the tours are taken may be changed to fit the tour schedules or customized to suit your needs.
Upon arrival at Keflavik Airport in Iceland, transfer via the Flybus to central Reykjavik. You will be dropped off at the designated bus stop closest to your accommodation. Alternatively, the Flybus transfer can be upgraded to a small-group transfer by mini-bus which can deliver you directly to your hotel. There is a small additional cost for the upgraded transfer.
Standard hotel check-in times are 2-3pm*. If you arrive before your room is ready for check-in, you will be able to store your luggage at your hotel until returning to your hotel for check-in. You will have time to and get outside for a walk to stretch your legs after the flight and for a light lunch.
* We can book your room for early check-in at an added cost. If you don’t handle jetlag well or have other medical issues, being able to access your room on arrival to the hotel is well worth the investment. Paying for a guaranteed early check-in also gives you access to breakfast at your hotel on Day 1.
If you are taking a nap this afternoon we recommend not sleeping more than 2 hours, before freshening up and getting back outside for another stroll and dinner, then early to bed for a full night’s sleep.
You are booked for a 4-night stay, including breakfast on Day 2-5.
Today you will join a small-group sightseeing tour of this unique capital city. The tour operates at 9:00am or 2:00pm, picks you up from your hotel and takes from 2 1/2 – 3 hours. It will highlight the history and culture of Reykjavik and get you outside of the city center to the Perlan, from where you have spectacular views of the city, bay and mountains across the water.
The other tour today is a whale watching tour, departing from the main Reykjavik harbour pier. There are several tours each day and we will pre-book you a tour, working around the timing of your city tour.
Today you will have a full-day Golden Circle tour, visiting the Geysir hot spring area, the famous Gullfoss or Golden waterfall and the ancient parliament at Thingvellir National Park. Perhaps off-road driving is more your style, crossing rivers and hiking in the Thorsmork reserve surround by mountains and glaciers. Get active on a rafting, kayaking, horseback riding or cave exploring day excursion.
Free time to add on one of our many day tours, rent a car for a short self-drive, explore on your own or simply sit at a sidewalk cafe and watch the world go by. Whatever you decide we’re sure you’ll have a great time in this friendly city!
Some ideas for optional tours – please check our day tours pages or ask our Iceland specialists for more information on these and many other tour possibilities.
- Inside the Volcano
- Horseback riding
- Snaefellsness Peninsula
- ATV ride
- Glacier walk
- Ice caves
- Snorkelling or scuba diving
- River rafting
Return transfer from your hotel to Keflavik airport for your departure flight.
- Round-trip Flybus Plus transfers between Keflavik airport and downtown Reykjavik hotel
- Four nights of accommodation
- Breakfast daily at hotel, except on Day 1
- Reykjavik city sightseeing tour (2.5 – 3 hours)
- A Golden Circle full-day tour
- Whale-watching tour, Reykjavik harbour
- Airfare to/from Iceland
- Optional tours
- Gratuities to local guides
- Travel insurance
- Passport and visa fees, vaccinations as required
- Items of a personal nature
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.