The Czar Route
009729 - W20
Immerse yourself in the history and culture of Helsinki, St. Petersburg and Moscow on this fascinating nine day tour of some of the most colourful cities in the world. Take in the sights of the majestic palaces, cathedrals and monuments.
- Explore the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture in Helsinki
- Visit some Russian palaces and fortresses
- Tour the Red Square and St. Basil's Cathedral
- Visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathdrals
- Explore St. Petersburg, the "Venice of the North"
May: 17, 24, 31
June: 07, 21, 28
July: 05, 12, 19
August: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
September: 06, 13, 20, 27
From US$1,599 – twin
From US$2,260 – single
Prices are “starting from” rates, shown in US$, per person based on two people sharing a twin room or one person in a single room. CA$ rates are also available on request, please inquire.
009729 - W20
Arrival in Helsinki, optional transfer to Hotel Glo Art**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Helsinki is located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The sightseeing tour takes us around the harbours and the Senate Square with the Lutheran Cathedral, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in-the-Rock. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Suomenlinna Fortress, a cultural treasure which construction was started in the 18th century as a sea fortress. Located on an island, fortress is a unique attraction for visitors.
Today we continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg, where we take time for a short sightseeing tour and a photo-stop at Vyborg Castle. In the late afternoon we arrive in St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar.
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”. During the morning sightseeing tour we get acquainted with all the splendours of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian „champagne” and snacks.
The morning is reserved for an optional visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, an optional visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti.
The early morning is reserved for an optional St. Petersburg channel cruise. Around noon we go to the Moscow Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon we arrive to Moscow and check in at Hotel Park Inn Sadu**** or similar.
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The morning sightseeing tour includes the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre and Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and we visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. In the afternoon is offered an optional visit to the Moscow Metro including the historical stations on the Ring-Line and a guided stroll along the famous pedestrian Arbat Street. The evening offers an optional Moscow by night tour including an unforgettable river cruise with the White Flotilla.
The day offers an optional full day excursion to the quaint town of Sergiev Posad, where we visit the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual heart of the Russian Orthodox Church. The whole Lavra has been beautifully restored for the 700-years celebrations of the birth of St. Sergius of Radonezh. The evening offers an optional visit to the Old Russian Circus.
Optional transfer to the airport.
- 8 overnights at centrally located 4-star hotels
- 8 buffet breakfasts
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- Entrances to Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki, Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg and Moscow Kremlin
- Service of English-speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Sapsan high-speed train St. Petersburg - Moscow OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
- International airfare
- Airport transfers
- Lunches & Dinners
- Optional excursions
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- 3-hour excursion with water bus to the Suomenlinna Fortress
- 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace
- Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace
- 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace
- 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti
- 3-hour guided channel cruise
- 3-hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour
- 3-hour Moscow-by-night tour and river cruise
- 8-hour excursion to Sergiev Posad
- Visit to Old Russian Circus
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.