Tundra Buggy Lodge Enthusiast, Churchill
002511 - W20
The Tundra Buggy® Lodge is located in the Churchill Wildlife Management area, where guests will enjoy wildlife viewing around the clock as the bears go about their lives in the area surrounding the lodge.
- Daily Tundra Buggy® excursions with Interpretive Guide
- Stay out on the tundra, surrounded by nature, at the Tundra Buggy® Lodge
- Watch the sky for Northern Lights
- Churchill Town and Area Tour
- Dog-sledding tour
2021 & 2022 Departures:
October: 08, 10
From CA$6,249 – twin
From CA$6,534 – single
Taxes: 4% PST; 5% GST*
From CA$6,849 – twin
From CA$7,134 – single
Taxes: 4% PST; 5% GST*
Prices are “starting from” rates, in CA$, based on two people sharing a twin room and one person in a single. Triple rooms are not available on this tour. Pricing depends on your date of travel with dates later in October and November being more expensive than early October.
The Tundra Buggy Lodge Enthusiast programs is also available for a 6 day/5 night or a 7 day/6 night basis. Please ask us for the itineraries and prices of the extended tour programs.
002511 - W20
Guests will arrive in Winnipeg and check into the Four Points Sheraton at the James Armstrong Richardson International Airport. Orientation at 9:00pm at the hotel.
We will depart on an early morning flight to Churchill. Upon arrival, we’ll take part in a town and area tour of Churchill, including a stop at Churchill’s Eskimo Museum and Parks Canada Interpretive Centre. Guests will have free time in the afternoon to explore the town. Transfer to the launch site around 4:30pm and make the trip across the Churchill Wildlife Management Area to the Tundra Buggy® Lodge. Guests will spend their evening enjoying a delicious home cooked meal, socializing and watching the night sky for Northern Lights (weather permitting). The lodge is your home for the next three nights.
Meals: B, L, D
Daily Tundra Buggy® excursions, led by a knowledgeable Interpretive Guide, allow guests to explore the area beyond the Lodge and give plenty of photography opportunities. Evenings at the Lodge can be as memorable as the days, with a chance to get to know other guests and swap tales. Enjoy presentations from our Interpretive Guides and Polar Bears International experts, world-renowned polar bear researchers and scientists we host on our Lodge. On clear nights, the magical dance of the Northern Lights can be seen easily from the Lodge’s outdoor observation decks.
The Tundra Buggy® Lodge offers a unique, immersive experience where guests can fall asleep and wake up with polar bears right outside the window. The lodge consists of two accommodation units; a lounge with public computers and Internet; and dining unit where guests can share stories and enjoy delicious home cooked meals.
Board the Tundra Buggy® after breakfast for a full-day excursion into the Churchill Wildlife Management Area. Time will be spent further afield from the lodge, exploring the tundra terrain and viewing the polar bears and other incredible wildlife. A picnic style lunch will be served on board. At the end of the day, guests will return to the Tundra Buggy® Lodge in time for a delicious, warming meal and a chance to relax in the lounge. Overnight Tundra Buggy® lodge.
Meals: B, L, D
After breakfast, the group will depart the lodge, participating on the last Tundra Buggy® expedition, meandering slowly along the way. Upon arrival at the launch site, guests will be transferred directly to the airport for an evening flight back to Winnipeg. Guests will check into the Four Points Sheraton hotel at the Winnipeg airport.
Meals: B, L, D
Guests may depart Winnipeg at their leisure or may choose to extend their stay and explore the Manitoba capital.
- Return Charter flight from Winnipeg to Churchill
- Two nights of accommodation in Winnipeg
- Three nights of accommodation in the Tundra Buggy® Lodge
- All meals at the Lodge
- Three full day tundra tours aboard a Tundra Buggy®
- Interpretive Guide
- Tour Manager
- Airfare to/from Winnipeg
- Tour options in Churchill
- Items of a personal nature
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel Insurance
Specialist, Enthusiast and Adventurer levels of touring. You may already have noticed that some of our Churchill polar bear programs are categorized as Specialist, Enthusiast or Adventurer. But what do the categories mean? Well, here’s the low down. Confused as to what level of tour best suits your needs? Just ask us and we’ll go through the various tour options and dates to find the best fit.
- Adventurer level tours have the largest group size and limited guiding, so have the lowest prices. If you are looking for the most economical tour, then an Adventurer level tour is for you.
- Specialist and Enthusiast level tours offer smaller group sizes and include an interpretive guide or photography expert.
- If you have a bit bigger budget and want a smaller group size with an interpretive guide, then an Enthusiast level tour would be the best choice.
- The Specialist tours require the biggest budget and focuses (pardon the pun) on specific interests such as photography, with an expert guide along.
- Certain trips may be designated as a Conservation Journey – these trips take you deep into the heart of polar bear country, the Churchill Wildlife Management Area, where the most studied population of polar bears in the world are found during the autumn months preceding the Hudson Bay freeze-up. The Tundra Buggy® Lodge is our base for the adventure, which includes three full-days on the tundra, and a behind-the-scenes glimpse of Buggy One, a mobile broadcast and research station that also serves as operation central for the live polar bear cams operated by Polar Bears International, explore.org and Frontiers North Adventures. Evenings feature educational seminars about polar bear habitat, species conservation and how climate change is impacting polar bear habitat.
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.