Ultimate Polar Bear Adventure
002534 - W20
Prepare to be wowed! This 6 day/5 night tour gives you two full days out on the Tundra searching for polar bears along the coastline of Hudson Bay in a designated touring-permit zone of the Wildlife Management Area. Keep an eye out for Arctic Fox, Arctic Hare and Ptarmigan. You’ll also have an exciting Dog Mushing Experience!
- Explore the Hudson Bay coastline in an Arctic Crawler™ tundra vehicle
- Learn about the culture and history of Churchill
- Experience a dog mushing ride
- Relax in a cozy wood-fire heated log lodge
- See the arctic wildlife in their natural habitat
October: 26, 31
From CA$6,495 – twin
Single supplement from CA$1,500-2,000 (depending on date of travel)
Taxes: Churchill accommodation tax; PST; 5% GST. Applicable taxes depend on room occupancy and will be calculated at the time of your inquiry.
Prices are “starting from” rates, shown in CA$, per person based on two people sharing a twin room. The single supplement applies for one person in a single room. Age restriction: This expedition is limited to children aged 8 and up.
002534 - W20
Arrive to Winnipeg today and spend the night at an airport area hotel.
This morning make your way to the Winnipeg airport for your flight heading north to to Churchill.
On arrival to Churchill you will be met by your guide and transferred to Lazy Bear Lodge, your home for three nights. Luggage handling is included in Churchill.
Note: your tour program includes one dinner in Churchill at the Lazy Bear Cafe, on the night of your choice (Day 2, 3, 4 or 5).
During your time in Churchill you will be escorted on a guided cultural and heritage tour of the town of Churchill. You will visit the Inuit Museum, the Parks Canada Visitor Centre, Miss Piggy, view the outside of the polar bear jail and many of the town’s beautiful murals. You’ll also experience dog mushing. This approximate 1-2 mile dog mushing ride will be on sleds if there is snow and on wheels if there is none. You will learn how the dogs are trained, plus hear many entertaining stories while tasting fresh bannock and local berry jam.
The main attraction will be the arctic adventures on the Arctic Crawler™ as you explore the Wildlife Management Area in search for polar bears, arctic foxes, arctic hare and many other animals that call this area home.
Meals: (B), Lunch on Arctic Crawler™ tours
Today it’s time to say farewell to Churchill. After checking out of your hotel you’ll be transferred to the Churchill airport for your departure back to Winnipeg.
What should I pack for the trip?
- Long underwear, snug but comfortable fitting outerwear and a fleece jacket or sweater. Outer clothing should consist of a windproof material with an attached hood and a warm hat.
- Ski or wind pant to help keep your torso and lower body warm. A jacket alone will not do this.
- Gloves with ample insulation and preferable an upper extension to cover your wrists (like ski gloves).
- Warm boots with thick insulation and good grip, like Sorel and Kamik, are a must!
- Spare batteries for each camera type you bring.
- Charging cords for laptops, cell phones and tables – a portable charger pack is also a great thing to have.
- Small carry-on with your absolute necessities in case your luggage is delayed arriving to Churchill. Remember, never pack medication or valuables in your checked luggage
- Two nights of accommodation in Winnipeg, one pre-tour and one post-tour
- Round-trip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill
- Airport shuttle between Churchill Airport and Lazy Bear Lodge on arrival and departure
- Luggage handling in Churchill
- Three nights of accommodation in Churchill at Lazy Bear Lodge
- Breakfast daily
- One dinner per person at (or provided by) Lazy Bear Café
- Cultural and Heritage Tour of Churchill
- Two tundra tours by Arctic Crawler™ in the Churchill Wildlife Management Area (lunch, snacks and beverages included)
- Dog mushing excursion
- Naturalist Tour Guide services in Churchill
- Flights to Winnipeg from your home city and return
- Churchill accommodation tax, Provincial sales tax (PST) and General Sales Tax (GST)
- Meals other than indicated
- Gratuities to guides
- Tours or transfers other than indicated
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
Disclaimer: We do our utmost to ensure that information posted on our website is correct at the time of publication, however trip details are subject to change without notice by the suppliers and operators involved. We update the information as soon as possible when changes are advised to us, however, we cannot assume responsibility for such changes made by the suppliers and operators.