Our COVID-19 office policy, including hours of operation, is outlined on our Contact Us page.
If you live in the Winnipeg or Edmonton area ask us for referral to a lab for testing. We have negotiated special rates for our clients who book and tell the lab they were referred by Great Canadian Travel. We can email you full details of lab locations, prices and online booking instructions.
- We’re honoured to announce that we’ve been nominated in the category of Canada’s Leading Travel Agency 2022 by the World Travel Awards 29th annual travel awards competition! “Thank You” to everyone who voted for us to receive this award last year and we’d appreciate your support again in 2022. To vote for us please Register on the World Travel Awards website (or use your registration information from 2021, if you voted last year), view the list of Canadian nominees and then Vote. Closing date for votes is July 17th, 2022.
Who Will Win? You Decide!
- We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve been named Canada’s Leading Travel Agency 2021 by the voters in the World Travel Awards 28th annual travel awards competition! It’s truly an honour to be recognized by this association and a big “Thank You” to everyone who voted for us to receive this award.
- Introducing Uplift! We have recently partnered with Uplift, a financing partner dedicated to the travel industry, to facilitate time payment options for our Canadian clients’ travel bookings. The plan provides for 12 equal payments spread out over a year and allows all travel and associated costs to be financed. It offers clear and simple financing plans; easy, no-obligation quotes and, once approved, the ability to make lump sum payments for any amount due, without penalty. The minimum amount allowed for financing is $500, maximum $15,000 per person. You must be at least 19 years of age, have a bank debit card or a Visa/Mastercard debit card and a mobile phone to qualify. Read our blog or Inquire for full details of this great new payment option.
Special offers & promotions*:
- Save up to US$1,000 per double cabin on Australis Patagonia one-way, 4-night cruises in 2022-23, for new bookings made and under deposit by the 31 May, paid in full by 30 June, 2022. Limited to 15 cabins per departure, categories A, AA, AAA and Superior cabins (category B cabins excluded). Discounts for single passengers, children and infants on request. Not combinable with other promotions or benefits. Ask us for full details.
- Iceland ProCruises have extended their Early Bird Booking discount of 20% for the entire 2022 sailing season, subject to cabin availability. Choose from the Iceland Circumnavigation or the Iceland and Greenland cruises.
- For a limited time, save up to 20% off + up to $500 air credit on select 2022, 2023 and 2024 Hurtigruten Coastal Norway Voyages for new bookings made by June 28, 2022! Itineraries offered for 6, 7, 11 or 12 days, either one-way or round-trip. Please contact us for details.
- AMA Waterways is highlighting a complimentary visit to the once-in-a-decade horticultural event, Floriade Expo this year for all guests embarking or disembarking their river cruise in Amsterdam from 14 April – 09 October. The city district of Almere will host The Netherlands’ largest public event with the theme “Growing Green Cities.”
- Oceania Cruises 2023 World Cruise sold out in just one day! So, for 2024 they are providing more extended voyage options. On offer is their 2024 “Around the World in 180 Days” world cruise itinerary in addition to four distinct Grand Voyages of 72 to 82 days in length. Featuring 96 destinations in 34 countries, the world cruise aboard the 684-guest Insignia departs Los Angeles for New York on 14JAN 2024, crossing three oceans and 15 seas from the South Pacific to the coasts of Europe.
- G Adventures: “Vaccinated Tours” program offer trips with only fully vaccinated guides to lead the tour, on which all travellers must also be fully vaccinated (final dose administered at least 14 days prior to day 1 of the tour). Due to the slower roll-out of vaccinations in some of G Adventures destinations, and to support the tour guides in those countries, they will also be introducing ‘Travel-Ready’ tours. On Travel-Ready tours, all travellers and CEOs must have either received a full COVID-19 vaccination, or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours prior to day one of their tour’s departure.
- Intrepid Tours offer 10% off to travellers 18-29 who book at least 9 months in advance of travel. Have your eye on the trip of a lifetime? Give yourself a bit of time to “get it together”, have something to look forward to and save by taking advantage of this offer.
- Insight Vacations has launched a new Wander Women series of journeys created for women, by women. One of the tours being offered is a 12-day itinerary, Venice & The Croatian Coast, with two departures, June and September, 2022. These women only tours will offer enriching travel experiences, cater to the diverse interests of female clients and introduce guests to inspiring women in communities across Croatia. Email us to receive information on the itinerary and pricing.
- Windstar Cruises 7 for 7 specials are limited-time savings on popular cruises sailing in 2022 and 2023. These deals on the best in small ship cruising only last for 7 days or until staterooms and suites sell out. So don’t delay, call us for the weekly itineraries, dates and pricing details.
*All sales and promotions posted on this page are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the operator and may be changed or withdrawn at any time, without prior notice.
Please note: 2022 and 2023 programs featured on our website are subject to change without notice due to COVID-19 restrictions and depend on the availability of the components of each tour. At the time of your inquiry we will advise you what changes may affect the trip you are looking into and recalculate the price according to the available inclusions. Local COVID-19 restrictions and regulations may change at any time, without advance notice. We cannot be held responsible for such changes, but we will do our utmost to rework your program to give you the best possible experience based on current conditions.