Who is Shauna:
Shauna lived in southern and eastern Ontario until the age of 21, when she moved to Banff, Alberta. She expected to only stay in Alberta for about 6 months, but ended up staying for over 8 years. She met her husband there in 2006, they married in Las Vegas in 2010, and moved to Winnipeg in the fall of 2013 with their 2 cats Mr Vegas and Miss Money Penny (Penny for short). They bought their first house in December 2014 and have been busy with making it their own.
Shauna has been with Great Canadian Travel since October 2013, and works as a Travel Consultant, specializing in the Top of the World, especially Iceland.
What are Shauna’s TOP 5 Travel experiences
- Crossing the Arctic Circle on Grimsey Island off the north coast of Iceland. There were thousands of puffins, and less than 100 people (including inhabitants!) on the island. Incredible experience!
- Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada. We spent the whole day in the park, exploring the rock formations, and we didn’t see another person the entire day. It was other-worldly.
- Los Haitises National Park in remote northern Dominican Republic viewing hundreds of birds, dolphins and manatees. The number of visitors to this National Park is limited on a daily basis.
- Wieliczka Salt Mine in Krakow. 1000 feet underground, there is a large scale carving of Leonardo’s ‘The Last Supper’, carved entirely from salt!
- Attending the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London. This ceremony has been happening daily for over 700 years! Only about 50 people daily are allowed to view this secretive ceremony.
What is Shauna’s closing comment:
‘Travelling leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” The way a favourite destination or travel experience brings a smile to a person’s face when they think or talk about it – that is why I love what I do.